Coral Vue Hydros

Clown pair turned Bonnie & Clyde

Newstead

Very long story short, in March I moved my 3 year old O. clown pair to a Biocube 29 along with the peppermint shrimp they had lived with peacefully in my old Biocube 14 which sprang a leak. My LFS kept the 3 in a 15 gallon holding tank for 5 weeks while I set up and cycled the 29. As soon as Rick, Ilsa and Louie moved into the 29 Rick and Ilsa started mating for the first time, and the night of Louie's first molt after coming home he was evidently killed by them. I had planned to add a goby/shrimp pair to the tank but don't want any more deaths. Should I just give up on adding anyone now that Rick and Ilsa are laying eggs each month?

The fish might not have had anything to do with the swimp. Molting can be hard and it most likely had some issue and died from the molt.

jamescstein

You sure he didn't just die from complications from the molt? It does happen though I couldn't tell you how know know for sure.

Edit: Ninja'd

Actually, I did notice him acting differently the day before he molted. I had had him 7 months and he had gone through a number of molts prior to his death. So it might be safe to add a goby/shrimp pair?

Actually, I did notice him acting differently the day before he molted. I had had him 7 months and he had gone through a number of molts prior to his death. So it might be safe to add a goby/shrimp pair?

Most likely OK. Gonna name them Ugarte and Strasser?

Archived