Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

GSP not extending

Mike00726

My GSP is spreading nicely over my live rock from the small frag, however the polyps are not extending very high out of the tubes. Nothing is swaying gently in the flow.

Color and growth seem to be OK, other than this. Flow hasn't changed, parameters are in check.

Any thoughts?

I don't have any helpful advice other than to say mine did the same thing. They actually didn't show any PE for about 4 days and then boom. All fine again.

joshvollberg

My GSP is spreading nicely over my live rock from the small frag, however the polyps are not extending very high out of the tubes. Nothing is swaying gently in the flow.

Color and growth seem to be OK, other than this. Flow hasn't changed, parameters are in check.

Any thoughts?

What is your lighting and where is it placed in the tank? What is your flow rate?

I don't have any helpful advice other than to say mine did the same thing. They actually didn't show any PE for about 4 days and then boom. All fine again.

That's helpful. Hopefully mine does the same.

What is your lighting and where is it placed in the tank? What is your flow rate?

It midway down, about 14 inches from the light. I have two 27 watt LEDs. I've tried to increase flow, but it doesn't seem to help.

outerorbiter

When I first got my gsp I read many articles and other things and they seem to be one to show poor extension for a day or two then be back to normal. I have not experienced this just read about it

Any thoughts?

Mine did the same. Actually took a couple of weeks for the polyps to extend like it was at the store.

Mine did the same. Actually took a couple of weeks for the polyps to extend like it was at the store.

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived