Pod Your Reef

Reef Paintings

ReefWeeds

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the awesome feedback! This is gonna be fun.

Another question for all of you. I would like to donate a percentage of the proceeds to a "reefing driven" charity or non-profit. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could be reef preservation, aquaculture, etc.

Coral Restoration Fund would be an amazing charity to donate to. They do awesome work growing and replanting elkhorn and staghorn corals onto the reefs in the Florida Keys.

Coral Restoration Fund would be an amazing charity to donate to. They do awesome work growing and replanting elkhorn and staghorn corals onto the reefs in the Florida Keys.

Thank you, Felicia! That's an awesome suggestion.

Amazing work Stella!

Thanks Boo!!!! And right back at you. I love your paintings!

Felicia, thanks again! I just read up on the Coral Restoration Fund and that is such an amazing charity. That's the one! So, 25% of all $ sales from my reef paintings will go to the Coral Restoration Fund quarterly. Since I am planning on also doing trades, right now, only sales from currency will count towards the % donated. I am not sure yet how to do it if paintings are traded for livestock/dry goods.

HarryPotter

Felicia, thanks again! I just read up on the Coral Restoration Fund and that is such an amazing charity. That's the one! So, 25% of all $ sales from my reef paintings will go to the Coral Restoration Fund quarterly. Since I am planning on also doing trades, right now, only sales from currency will count towards the % donated. I am not sure yet how to do it if paintings are traded for livestock/dry goods.

LOL ship them 1/4 an anemone? :lol:

No problem! They're my favorite coral reef non-profit, so I figured I'd recommend them. Glad you think they're a great charity! They really do very cool things for the Florida reefs. Someday when I'm back in Florida, I'd like to volunteer dive with them to replant the corals onto the reefs.

Super generous of you to donate part of the sales to a charity! Love this idea :)

Colin and Jared do some amazing things. Here is a video for you Stella if you haven't seen it yet. Hope they win the lawsuit against those bastards!

Wow, that was amazing to watch! I think I need to donate to both!

and I hope they win that lawsuit as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Colin and Jared do some amazing things. Here is a video for you Stella if you haven't seen it yet. Hope they win the lawsuit against those bastards!

I hadn't seent hat video before, it's amazing, thanks for posting Lawn.

Som I'm gonna need one of these paintings........awesome.

I missed this! I'll paint ya one!

I hadn't seent hat video before, it's amazing, thanks for posting Lawn.

It is pretty freaking awesome, isn't it? :bowdown:

Working on a few :ninja:

Hopefully I'll have some more to post up in the next few days!

That's some great work you got there!

My daughter has been drawing and painting fish and corals for about the same time as I've been in the hobby Nov'12.

She's sold a drawing at school for $50 to a teacher ,a jelly fish. Now she's got one of my coworker's giving her $100 for a seahorse drawing for her beach house. I saw a picture of this same clown and told her if she could draw it, she one up'd me and did it in water colors.

I'm very blessed!

I might have to set up a both at next years Reef Currents here in Houston and sell her reef /coral art...stay tuned!

10983386_880789768623080_510898707712790

That's some great work you got there!

My daughter has been drawing and painting fish and corals for about the same time as I've been in the hobby Nov'12.

She's sold a drawing at school for $50 to a teacher ,a jelly fish. Now she's got one of my coworker's giving her $100 for a seahorse drawing for her beach house. I saw a picture of this same clown and told her if she could draw it, she one up'd me and did it in water colors.

I'm very blessed!

I might have to set up a both at next years Reef Currents here in Houston and sell her reef /coral art...stay tuned!

10983386_880789768623080_510898707712790

That's awesome, BluCrab!!!!! She does great work!

• 1 month later...

A couple of updates showing new work!

24"x36" acrylic on cradled wood panel:

MTh8c8.gif

And a 6"x6" on thick gessobord

Klt8qo.gif

And the actual two finished paintings without all the crazy GIF movement:

Grumpy and the Bitch - Acrylic on cradled wood, 24" x 36"

I2CkWud.jpg

Kole Tang - Acrylic on thick gessobord, 6"x6"

5SLL3Ty.jpg

I just found this thread. :unsure:

I really like your work. :wub:

Those GIFs are freaking awesome. B)

:wub: Thanks Pinner!! I love showing the progression of a painting. The good and the bad. Never fails, about half way through I hate it and think it isn't going to come together. Then it usually (not always) does.

Archived