inTank Media Baskets

Clowns shouting at me!

Murphs_Reef

Murphs_Reef

Ok I might be hearing things, but I am sure my clowns are telling me to feed them... I feed them with a frozen brine mix using a yellow cup filled with a bit of rank <TANK even> water, I mix half a cube in until it melts..

The last few days, the minute I pick up the cup, they sit at the surface exactly where I drop the mixture in, making like a chattering (I have guinea pigs and it really does sound like chattering) sound...

Do they make noises? I can't hear any thing from the tank at any other time...

Some fish make noises by rubbing fins and armoured scales together (fresh water talking catfish is a good example), there are marine fish that do similar.

Never heard of clowns doing this, but all my fish recognise when I've picked up the food pot, know what the feeding syringe is and go to exactly where I tend to feed every time they see me pick up either the pot or the syringe or if I haven't fed them in a while they'll go to that corner in protest that I haven't fed them yet.

Nano sapiens

Yes, they communicate with each other and likely other reef residents by grinding bones in their jaws. They are highly social animals, so it makes sense that they need to have some way to communicate and sound travels rather well through water.

Wouldn't worry about it, I can cock up spelling and word use all on my own with out the interference of a jumped up abacus lol.

Archived