SaltCritters.com

Yellow W Goby growth ?

Nathaniel Z

Nathaniel Z

Right now at the pet store they have around 5 YWG. They are all very small (3/4") and not even yellow yet. I want to get one that's too big for a Coral Banded Shrimp to eat. How long will that take? I don't want my CBS to make a tasty snack out of a small fish like him.

Thanks

Nathaniel Z

I've had mine about 5 months and he was around 3/4" when I got him. He is maybe 1" now.

Wow...that's gonna take some time. I have another tank...so I may just set that one up and raise him in there until he is big enough and then I will put him in the real tank. Is that a bad Idea? Raising him up in solitary? :unsure:

Any other pet stores in your area you could check for a YWG? They are quite common. I find most fish take years to reach their full size. I have some clown loaches in a FW tank that have only grown about 3/4" in a year. My SW fish grow equally as slow despite liberal feedings.

Nathaniel Z

Any other pet stores in your area you could check for a YWG? They are quite common. I find most fish take years to reach their full size. I have some clown loaches in a FW tank that have only grown about 3/4" in a year. My SW fish grow equally as slow despite liberal feedings.

Sadly I have checked every store. Texas isn't the best place to find saltwater fish. There is one guy that can order fish for you (he also has a huge variety.)so I may just ask him to order one that's already a good size. But its quite a bummer that I wont get its whole lifespan. I really do love that CBS though. Im not gonna get rid of him because of one fish. I do have a lawnmower blenny in there that is about 1" and the CBS leaves him completely alone. So I may just wait till its 1" or just order one that's already 1". anyways, Thanks for the help!

Archived