Cultivated Reef

ISO:Micro brittle stars

Merthynia

I have one brittle star in a small pipe organ frag.... What do you think Merth? Try to ship it to you using 2-day?

I've got quite a few coming to me from a fellow reefer on here. :) Keep collecting them Harry

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already one on the way in and another handful on the way towards the trap. I dunno how much scent this bait has but I have some PE Mysis I can try tomorrow if I don't get the results I'm shooting for.

Already one on the way in and another handful on the way towards the trap. I dunno how much scent this bait has but I have some PE Mysis I can try tomorrow if I don't get the results I'm shooting for.

Nice! You taking notes Harry? :P

Squirting some RODI into their hidey holes also makes them scramble out like crazy (figured that out when I wanted to populate my new tank with them) but that trap seems to work very well haha

Glad to see the brittle star love, they're one of my favorite CUC members ;) Hope you get some!

trap set.. may need some refining.. baited with instant ocean gelled cyclopeeze.

Picture of trap? That's awesome!

caught all the easy ones just by sifting through the chaeto.

20942180429_f91808e0f8_c.jpg

Wow! Those are a different kind from what I have, sweet!

Nice! You taking notes Harry? :P

Yep! I can't wait to see the trap.

In my defense, I don't have a refugium!

These were all hand plucked.. the bottle trap didn't do much. I need more potent bait... might try a turkey baster to get some too. Probably have about 50 stars easily. Let me get supplies for shippin.

These were all hand plucked.. the bottle trap didn't do much. I need more potent bait... might try a turkey baster to get some too. Probably have about 50 stars easily. Let me get supplies for shippin.

I'd love some if you can, since I just have little white ones. Since I'm just a few hours away I bet shipping would be easy!

So I think $10.95 is gonna be the rate for 10 brittles + priority shipping. PM if interested. I'm gonna go start catching more. Should have enough now for a few more orders. They'll be shipped in small flat rate box and bagged with a little bit of chaeto for somethin to grab onto.

turned over every frag plug and loose coral in the tank.. plucked off quite a few more. There are hundreds of arms that I can't get.. have to figure out a way to lure them out.

Well bad news... all of the brittles in my bottle trap died. :( Guess there must not have been enough flow. The bigger issue is that my house now smells like rancid death and I have 14 people coming over tonight for a meeting and my wife is gonna show up a few minutes before it starts and kill me. Nice knowin ya :). If I'm still alive after today and/or not severely crippled, I'll catch some more this week. I was able to find enough in my chaeto ball that I can send out one shipment. Will be a good test to see if the critters can actually make it in a priority box across country. At .50c a starfish, it's impractical to ship them any other way. This is by no means a money maker so feel free for others to hop on the bandwagon to help distribute.

I sent out a few to Merthynia this morning in an insulated box, Priority. From me to her is 3 days so they must be doing it all by ground transport. Hopefully they make it but I guess we should know more on Friday afternoon.

USPS never fails to disappoint! Box was run over, 2 stars lived. It's supposed to be flat rate service, not flat box service.

Shit that sucks. Let's try again! Haha

Archived