SaltCritters.com

3 gal pico move .

Joaly

Hi everybody . I have a 3 gallon pico that I am interested in moving it from Chicago to Atlanta.i am driving so do you think I can half empty then tank and move then tank . The tank is full of corals no fish . Any ideas ? Thanks

I would buy a small Coleman or igloo cooler and transfer all the coral to it. I wouldn't transport a glass aquarium with water even half empty plus when you brake some water can splash out with the cooler you have a lid so no chance of that happening.

This one may work for you http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11440023&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:11440023:9945266:LIFESTYLE%20CAMPING&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120138600000273407&catargetid=120138600003189286&cadevice=m

Np man. I would also recommend an air pump or a powerhead for water circulation in the cooler. For the tank take out all the water and use it in the cooler and the tank can then be moved with all the equipment and sand in it

NinjaReefer

I moved my old 2.5 gallon how u mentioned. But it was only an hour drive. Took out half the water and slid the tank onto a cutting board so it would not flex. covered the top with plastic wrap and hit the road. Everything arived alive.

HarryPotter

I don't know what corals you have, but you can always bag them up for a few hours!

Careful though- if you have dirty sand and are doing the move, you might get a mini cycle

Thanks picosavy. I ll try my best to get a power head In there.

Ninjareefer it's almost 12 hr drive , so it will be hard to just slide the tank in

Thank you Harry . Yea might have to bag them up or atleast make sure to separate the aggressive corals

Thank you for all your inputs , really appreciate it

For the aggressive coral you may want to put a little bag of carbon to be safe, but that just me ,that an extra precaution to cause the least amount of stress to the coral

HarryPotter

Ok great thanks picosavy .

Hey Joaley,

If you have a battery operated air pump (I do as a backup), I would stick it in just to assure water movement and oxygenation. Probably not necessary, but I like a little "Overkill" :lol:

Archived