ReefCleaners.org

Goby Pistol shrimp pair question

jaquetheshrimp42

jaquetheshrimp42

The shrimp are fun to watch. They are always working. It will push a bunch of sand out of the burrow like a bulldozer, then pick up any rocks or shells near the entrance and take them inside to use as support. Give it a variety of sizes, It will pick what it likes. If it uses up all the rubble get some more for it. It will use a larger piece for a door to cover the burrow when they sleep.

Also dont keep any small frags on the sandbed near it. It will steal them!

Ok thanks for the info :)

Mine has dug up caves under all my rock from one side of the tank to the other piles of sand everywhere!

guess he's trying to find his "spot"!

anyone know how i can catch the shrimp? i want to move him and the goby to their own little tank but cant catch him for the life of me! now i got the goby in the small tank and feel bad they are separate lol

i literally moved all my rocks trying to get his ass. hes quick as hell and smart. I even took out all the shells he was using for barricades to piss him off! tried luring him into a net with food and that was a waste of another hour

Eh might be a lost cause. I mean my tank is huge, but I have two pistol shrimps and I have seen them 4 times in the 7 months I have had them. I only know they are alive because they tell something off everyday. Without taking everything out of the tank, it might be a lost cause.

Was wondering if a goby shrimp pair would be a good first addition after a fishless cycle? Do you add them before a clean up crew? Not planning on having a lot of fish. A shrimp and a goby and maybe a clown pair. Tank (45 JBJ AIO) is not even set up. Waiting on stand to be built.

jaquetheshrimp42

Hey guys so I plan on getting a yasha and a candy pistol shrimp would a yellow or black clown goby do well in side the tank or should I just keep the pair since it's only a 5 gal?

Archived