Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clown host alternative?

Elo500

I had read an anemone is a bad idea in a small tank. What else can I add to a 24g that is easy to care for and my clown pair might like?if anemone are fine, which one?

Unfortunately, even if you add an anemone there is no guarantee it will host the clowns...clowns kind of live where they want to live. My friend has a long polyp toadstool that host his clowns.

I had read an anemone is a bad idea in a small tank. What else can I add to a 24g that is easy to care for and my clown pair might like?if anemone are fine, which one?

Neebles is correct. They do what they want

Also,if your tank isn't overcrowded a bubble tip can be in a 24 gallon as long as you have it's lighting flow and water parameters met

• 3 weeks later...

Clowns will host in about anything. My old maroon used to host in my grape coral. It seemed like it didn't mind. Hoping my new pair of clowns will host in my frogspawn.

dragonxflare

My friends clown fish hosted GSP... they will host anything. Currently... mine is hosting the over flow box ><

My clown has hosted in my GSP for over the past year. But like mentioned above they will host with anything; Torch, Frogspawn, GSP etc or they might never host, it's hit or miss.

24g is good for a nem. I actually have a rather large rose bubble tip in a 25g cube, also have a small rose in an 8g and a maxi carpet nem in another 8g, ive had all of them for over 6 months or so.

just go for it and keep an I on it

BTAs are super chilled IME, I'm not really sure why people stress so much over them. I've had them in a tank with no filtration, under T5s, under a Kessil, under a Coral Compulsion refugium bulb and chilling in a container and they've never looked like they were going to die. Give it a go if you have some space. All that said, my clowns never looked at my BTAs, haha. Jerks. :lol:

As I said above my maroon hosted in my frogspawn even though there was a green bubble tip in the tank. Never even looked at it.

HarryPotter

You can for sure have an Anemone in that sized tank! Just keep the conditions good and it should be fine haha

I picked up a large bta yesterday. Seems happy but I had to rearrange the tank so it didn't touch the other corals. The clowns are ignoring it.

post-82226-0-93192200-1439085244_thumb.jpg

Had my clowns like 8 years in many tanks. Tried nems fretinrs and nothing. Like 6 months ago they started hosting some hairy shrooms

HarryPotter

I picked up a large bta yesterday. Seems happy but I had to rearrange the tank so it didn't touch the other corals. The clowns are ignoring it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Don't worry about the clownfish ignoring it, it'll take time!

Can we see a picture of the whole tank? Looks really nice

Archived