Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Thank You, there are many of us that will be applying for a few jobs. Unfortunately I was also on a written warning for attendance at work. I was sick, then coupled w/ my dog that was bleeding when he peed as he had a UTI from Jan- May. I think the written dropped off but then last Thurs I asked to leave after 3 hrs as I was feeling nauseas. I wasn't told anything about those points I accrued for that attendance but I know it was a point for sure. They won't look at you if you're on verbal or written warning, which they're all written down anyway.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with all the craziness going on I made the transfer today. Everything's been in about 2 hrs now. I still have the Evolve 8 next to it just in case things look unhappy but so far doing well. I'll wait to move over the HydorK powerhead which will go on the right side. I don't believe it's the final rock arrangement but I like what I have so far. I can totally see the binaculata blenny in here.

20150719_161450_zpscq62mj6g.jpg

20150719_161114_zpsoq3aajep.jpg

20150719_161441_zpsg2bqluz3.jpg

20150719_161124_zpspf4bxu9d.jpg

20150719_161508_zpsdzu9rudz.jpg

20150719_173857_zpsblobuory.jpg

20150719_173910_zpsbfn3beed.jpg

20150719_173916_zpsclapsbaq.jpg

20150719_173921_zpsnp1lgmqq.jpg

20150719_173954_zpspvrn82pg.jpg

20150719_173935_zpsnih7l672.jpg

STOP on everything. I have a job now until 11/30. The overall company outsourced our jobs to the Philipines. This area is poor in jobs and not good in pay. Not ordering a thing at all and probably won't be putting up the 40 for the flowers I just got as I don't know what's happening. I applied to another job internally but we were already told it would be a pay cut. If I get less than what I'm making now I have to move. Then my rent is going up by another $50 starting 11/1. I don't even know what to think.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I missed this :( that is terrible, A. I wish I had some contacts down your way :(

So with all the craziness going on I made the transfer today. Everything's been in about 2 hrs now. I still have the Evolve 8 next to it just in case things look unhappy but so far doing well. I'll wait to move over the HydorK powerhead which will go on the right side. I don't believe it's the final rock arrangement but I like what I have so far. I can totally see the binaculata blenny in here.

20150719_161450_zpscq62mj6g.jpg

20150719_161114_zpsoq3aajep.jpg

20150719_161441_zpsg2bqluz3.jpg

20150719_161124_zpspf4bxu9d.jpg

20150719_161508_zpsdzu9rudz.jpg

20150719_173857_zpsblobuory.jpg

20150719_173910_zpsbfn3beed.jpg

20150719_173916_zpsclapsbaq.jpg

20150719_173921_zpsnp1lgmqq.jpg

20150719_173954_zpspvrn82pg.jpg

20150719_173935_zpsnih7l672.jpg

Looks beautiful, Annette.

Thank You. I can't believe how green this acid bta is. It's beautiful. If in 48 hrs it still looks good and nothing looks pissed, I'll move the HydorK powerhead over and give the Evolve8 tank to my friend as they're trying to open a little shop and could use a little nano as a selling point.

When my friend came over today to pick up RO/DI she made a good point. Clean sand right now so even if I move in 4 mos it's established enough and clean so I don't have to remove the sand when I move. Should make the transfer easier.

Going to see if I can get pre-approved for a home loan tomorrow for outside city limits for like 900- 1000 ft home. That's all I need. 2 bedroom- master and then 1 for a separate bed, treadmill & storage) and 1 bath. I don't entertain but even so, 1 bathroom is enough to clean. My current place I rent has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and all I use is the top floor except for the laundry. Depending on how goes it would be also cool to somehow swing a garage. Give me .5 acre or less, that's all I need. We'll see what I can do.

That nem is gorgeous

What you can't see is that the center is green like crayola crayon and then it's green/hunterish on the tentacles, ending in orange tips.

What you can't see is that the center is green like crayola crayon and then it's green/hunterish on the tentacles, ending in orange tips.

That's really cool.

Everything is acclimating really well! The bicolor frogspawn is huge, and so is the nem. The power head will be going in after another 30 mins or so. Wanted to wait til 24 hrs had passed to make sure everything survived. I'm down about 2" from the rim. Guess I can use the water from the Evolve 8 since it's already to correct salinity and temp.

20150720_214113_zpsgffms3qm.jpg

20150720_214052_zpslwqiiu0m.jpg

20150720_213944_zpsuopbqsrk.jpg

I do have to figure out how to move this St. Thomas. Have to really try I guess to put cut it out. I just can't find my fragging kit. It's not in 1 of 2 places I usually have it.

20150720_213910_zpsfuupt7md.jpg

tank looks great and hope your living situation gets sorted out soon =)

Me too, I applied for a USDA loan yesterday so hopefully I'll hear about a pre-approval. I don't think it'll be a problem getting approved, it's the amount that worries me. I don't want a fixer-upper. We'll just see what happens. If I can't build something small maybe I can find something already small. I dunno.

I love how it turned out!!!!

I hope you get the loan you need fingerscrossed. That would be exciting to build something of your own. But buying a home that's ready to move in would be awesome too. And it's nice you have your parent's support as well even if that isn't something you would really want to do. Everything will work out :).

The tank looks absolutely wonderful. A seemless transfer! I have always been afraid to try any kind of anemone. But after seeing your RFA's I was hooked. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try a harder one like the beautiful one you have in this tank. What kind of gorgonian is that?

Sorry about your job situation. Will pray about that and your loan for a home.

Thank you for all the prayers and good vibes on the loan. Haven't heard yet. I saw a rainbow going lengthwise over the highway on Monday, 1.5 hrs after I did my phone pre-approval. Then Tues I found a bright shiny quarter with a bird on one side facing up on the black asphalt in the grocery store parking lot. I'm hoping they're signs from God, my deceased husband or whatever forces may be that things are going to work out financially.

I did move my white pipe organ over and put it on the coraline covered rock in the left front. In putting that there I messed around with the rock placement to find a hole big enough the the plug. So, not sure how I like it but I know it's not permanent anyway w/ a move down the line. I'm sure my thoughts will change as I go and I'll have to move it all over again in 4 mos anyway.

I'm believing though that I'll have to wait about putting the fish in due to the move, whenever that is down the line. Don't ya think I should wait?

The tank looks absolutely wonderful. A seemless transfer! I have always been afraid to try any kind of anemone. But after seeing your RFA's I was hooked. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try a harder one like the beautiful one you have in this tank. What kind of gorgonian is that?

Sorry about your job situation. Will pray about that and your loan for a home.

You know, I'm not sure what kind of gorg, I got it from a friend.

Thank you for all the prayers and good vibes on the loan. Haven't heard yet. I saw a rainbow going lengthwise over the highway on Monday, 1.5 hrs after I did my phone pre-approval. Then Tues I found a bright shiny quarter with a bird on one side facing up on the black asphalt in the grocery store parking lot. I'm hoping they're signs from God, my deceased husband or whatever forces may be that things are going to work out financially.

I did move my white pipe organ over and put it on the coraline covered rock in the left front. In putting that there I messed around with the rock placement to find a hole big enough the the plug. So, not sure how I like it but I know it's not permanent anyway w/ a move down the line. I'm sure my thoughts will change as I go and I'll have to move it all over again in 4 mos anyway.

I'm believing though that I'll have to wait about putting the fish in due to the move, whenever that is down the line. Don't ya think I should wait?

You know, I'm not sure what kind of gorg, I got it from a friend.

Keeping my fingers crossed about the loan!!!

I think waiting is probably a good idea. It will be easier to move the tanks with less fish I'm thinking...

Ok, so I was thinking. i don't want to acclimate now and have to do it again. Not sure yet how I'll be doing it w/ the nems yet or Gertie except that her I can at least get into a small closable babyplastic transfer tank and set it at the bottom of any tank.

Got approved for a usda loan so I can look for a modular/land package now!!!. I don't have many requests. Just must have ceiling fans in each room for circulation. Gravel driveway is fine, I had one for 8 yrs in the mountains, had better traction in the winter so that's no worry to me. I don't want to be uber secluded but still private with some neighbors around. Getting more information on Saturday so I can get the process rolling. SO, yes, living situation is getting sorted out. I have to push for closing 11/1. She said Nov. I definitely need it 11/1 as rent goes up 10/1 and officially my last day is to be 11/30, unless work extends that time. That I could foresee happening as due to call volume already today they just asked for overtime daily M- F for anyone 9:30-6:30. I'm already there at 8 so I could work through lunch sometime. I'm not giving them more than that, if I give it to them at all.

And don't want to move tanks in Dec. Then she said there's 30 days grace so my first payment wouldn't be til 1/1. Now to get all the check point paperwork done.

That's fantastic news :).

Thank you. I sooooo needed it today. Additionally I was asked my our local fish group admin to be an admin on our FB so that's nice too. I feel after learning so much I have a great deal to share and I notice people that aren't on forums like this one, don't really understand the sharing of ideas or pictures so much. The local group began back in Jan or so and now has 65 members. So I'm glad I can help.

Congrats on the loan. Fish tank is also looking great. Hope everything works out!

Thank You Muraki. Do you have any great lfs your way in Raleigh? I'm not looking forward to the move of the tanks but I have help with that.

Thank you. I sooooo needed it today. Additionally I was asked my our local fish group admin to be an admin on our FB so that's nice too. I feel after learning so much I have a great deal to share and I notice people that aren't on forums like this one, don't really understand the sharing of ideas or pictures so much. The local group began back in Jan or so and now has 65 members. So I'm glad I can help.

Things always seem to work out! You have tons of info to share...they picked a great admin :).

Things always seem to work out! You have tons of info to share...they picked a great admin :).

Aww. Thank You Gena. :blush:

Archived