Cultivated Reef

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my clean up crew today, hurray.

The package..
30 Nassarius
5 Bumble Bee Snails
5 Astrea Snails
5 Trochus Snails
5 Coraline Margaritas
Then extras
Blue Leg Hermit Crab 4- for Gertie
Tapestry Nerite Snail 4
Turbo Snail 4
Zebra Snail - Small 2
I gave one snail from each snail grouping to a friend to pick up tonight. I put one hermit in Gert's tank and 3 other snails. The rest I have in the 10g where I have some cyano. I should've paid attention more to the differences between the ones that look alike, the trochus, turbo, margarita, astrea. I don't know if the ones that are black snails and the largest are margaritas? I know the astreas and turbos seemed to be the same size.

I also got a feather duster for Gert's tank. We'll see how it goes.

I forget, which ones are most likely to eat macros? trochus, turbos, margaritas, zebra?

I also got a feather duster for Gert's tank. We'll see how it goes.

I forget, which ones are most likely to eat macros? trochus, turbos, margaritas, zebra?

Would love to see the feather duster! I was thinking about one for my 10 and then remembered I have a wrasse in there. I am sure he would bother it or eat it. How large of a duster did you get?

Oh, and I bought a porcelain anemone crab for my 10g until I get flowers and have the 40g going.

They are so cute. Cant wait to see it!

Would love to see the feather duster! I was thinking about one for my 10 and then remembered I have a wrasse in there. I am sure he would bother it or eat it. How large of a duster did you get?

Well, he's in Gert's tank as there's more room and there is a wrasse in there I guess I didn't realize that's not a good mix. It hasn't opened yet.

20160206_152036_zpsjecsudpj.jpg

Well, he's in Gert's tank as there's more room and there is a wrasse in there I guess I didn't realize that's not a good mix. It hasn't opened yet.

20160206_152036_zpsjecsudpj.jpg

Thats a great spot for him when he gets comfortable and comes out.

20160206_125748_zpssarn7gra.jpg

Awww. It will be interesting to see where he makes himself a little home. Which coral he chooses to live under. :)

Thats a great spot for him when he gets comfortable and comes out.

Awww. It will be interesting to see where he makes himself a little home. Which coral he chooses to live under. :)

There are mushrooms in there and the gbta and the 2 different frogspawn and the white pipe organ up front.

Aquarium Depot which I found out later was Reefs2Go renamed/re-branded whatever. I got everything on my list and alive except they did a substitution of caulerpa prolifera for the gracilaria. I prefer they just refund me for the gracilaria. I don't need caulerpa, already have it.

I moved the feather to the 10g, too worried the 6line would get him. Still hasn't come out yet. Hopefully I see it tomorrow.

Well, I moved him when I came home and since a little over 2 hrs ago he finally started opening up, hoping the clowns leave it alone. I kinda wedged it between the glass and the rock. Those snails better get to work on that cyano!!

20160208_201746_zpsyowttiad.jpg

I dunno, I haven't figured it out yet. Enough stuff in the water for it to catch though for sure. I did put some phytofeast yesterday which is excellent for all the filter feederts. I was told the back end doesn't have to be buried.

Everything looks wonderful, Annette! That chalice just keeps getting better :).

I like the new porcelain crab too :wub:.

Well, I haven't seen him since I put him in there. But you have to remember, there is also a red starfish and harlequin starfish in there, who knows. And I think the star fish have been eating some snails. Don't seem to be as many as when I first got the snails on Sat. And then there's Gert. Every time I put one in there, she picks it off, some she hasn't been able to break. So I hope they can clean up.

I dunno, I haven't figured it out yet. Enough stuff in the water for it to catch though for sure. I did put some phytofeast yesterday which is excellent for all the filter feederts. I was told the back end doesn't have to be buried.

Well, I haven't seen him since I put him in there. But you have to remember, there is also a red starfish and harlequin starfish in there, who knows. And I think the star fish have been eating some snails. Don't seem to be as many as when I first got the snails on Sat. And then there's Gert. Every time I put one in there, she picks it off, some she hasn't been able to break. So I hope they can clean up.

How many days has it been, 2? Did you release him onto any specific coral? They tend to stay where you put them. I hope he's ok!!! fingerscrossed

He's really wanting to come out. The long antennas of the shrimp did touch him and he didn't flinch. Looks like it'll be pretty.

Everything looks wonderful, Annette! That chalice just keeps getting better :).

I like the new porcelain crab too :wub:.

Yes that is one sweet looking chalice! Nothing like a few old school corals.....

That little crab will find a home :lol: Mine goes all over. I saw it last night under the Miami Hurricane chalice.

What kind of red starfish do you have? I dont remember. Is it a red brittle?

My harliquin has not eaten any snails or crabs in my 10 and he is a pretty good sized one. I do feed him some sinking pelleted food almost daily. But my Randlalls pistol shrimp has eaten a lot of my stomatellas. There are always stomatella half shells littering the entrance to his little den.

What kind of red starfish do you have? I dont remember. Is it a red brittle?

My harliquin has not eaten any snails or crabs in my 10 and he is a pretty good sized one. I do feed him some sinking pelleted food almost daily. But my Randlalls pistol shrimp has eaten a lot of my stomatellas. There are always stomatella half shells littering the entrance to his little den.

Yeah, it's red brittle.

20150726_145321_zpshpu0jokl.jpg

Archived