Cultivated Reef

Michelo's ADA style---Monti bleaching..nudis?

Michelos

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red monti will touch green mille acro...

1441816802889_zpsee6ibq4j.jpg

i must move monti or acro????

Nice tank.

I would break off a piece of the Monti to move it away from the acro, because Montis are very strong and grow fast

Nice tank.

I would break off a piece of the Monti to move it away from the acro, because Montis are very strong and grow fast

Thanks!..monti will kill it?

Thanks!..monti will kill it?

Actually no, the acropora will beat the montipora. However I wouldn't risk it, and because the Montipora is a fast grower and hardier I would move it.

Some frag's pics:

Green fluor purple rim cap

1442491733359-1_zpsrgmgmz99.jpg

La lakers zoas

1442491677992_zpswnrico22.jpg

Captain america zoas

1442496567073_zpsrjxjxjcd.jpg

blow pops zoas

1442498267427_zps2wn7g1xk.jpg

Supermans montis

1442496994970_zpsq6iakwxk.jpg

Superman's rodacthis

1442496692597_zpskjgtezps.jpg

My new jewell frag,bird of paradise☺

1442496611077-1_zpsi323gc6q.jpg

and now wait for growt.....

• 2 weeks later...

Zoas,SPS and Fish

1444230753292_zpscgp9jvkw.jpg

Red monti walking in green mille?...i dont quit millle because i dont touch rocks structure.

And what happened when found green confusa???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think those are all solid pumps - you'll get positive comments on each I would think.

I myself have a Jebao RW series and like it quite a bit and it seems pretty widely available. IMO it's the best value - a nice looking and functional pump for a lot less than higher end brands. Some people do have reliability issues with them losing power over time or even stopping completely, but mine has worked great so I can't comment there.

That said if you can spare the funds the MP10 is a bit sleeker since the motor is outside the tank.

The gyre is also popular, especially for higher flow systems. Not sure about it's availability world wide or for spare parts though.

Mikeymikemike

i have the rw4 and i find it to be more reliable than the m10. if you twist it and side mount it, then the footprint isnt much bigger either. I would go for it considering its cheaper and you have a black background for it to blend into

My zoas coming down:(....love zoas but somethimes i hate them..

Magnesium is 1215..low?

Kh 7.. low?

Nitrates 15..too hight?

Salinity 1025

Ph 8

Ca 410

Amonio and nitrite is 0

Looks ok but. ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

1451416288667-1_zpsj7ixhaub.jpg

I change the external filter with glass pipes and put Aquaclear 50(more esay to clean :))...in extarnal filter go with purigen and matrix carbon..whats best options for this filter?

Archived