Top Shelf Aquatics

Yellow acros

gus6464

Don't know why these acros are not more popular compared to the plethora of blue and red acros out there nowadays. The yellow on this puppy is wild.

1inch-lime-vermiculata-frag-42-inventory

It's actually green/yellow. Will change to green in most tanks.

All other examples I have seen of yellow vermiculata online have been yellow in people's tanks.

+1 to what Kat said. The vibrant yellows are either so Photoshop'd its criminal or completely unsustainable in a home tank. The Coral Kings sells a yellow coral -pikachu- and they continually get blasted for it losing its color by the time it gets delivered.

Buy yellow- expect green.

+1 to what Kat said. The vibrant yellows are either so Photoshop'd its criminal or completely unsustainable in a home tank. The Coral Kings sells a yellow coral -pikachu- and they continually get blasted for it losing its color by the time it gets delivered.

Buy yellow- expect green.

Ahh ok well I just ordered a frag of that yellow from UC so we shall see how it arrives. They said it has been in their tanks for a while and it's still yellow so I'll see how it takes to my tank. Isn't high potassium a requirement for yellow?

Ran across this the other day,it's a bit old,but interesting none the less.

http://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/03/guide-of-sps-coral-coloration-make-them-more-vivid-bright/

I go back to that article often. Id love to hear people success or struggles with it. Im not totally convinced it works. A bit of snake oil. Would be awesome if people have had success with it though

Ahh ok well I just ordered a frag of that yellow from UC so we shall see how it arrives. They said it has been in their tanks for a while and it's still yellow so I'll see how it takes to my tank. Isn't high potassium a requirement for yellow?

Awesome. Fingers crossed for ya! Let us know how it goes

I go back to that article often. Id love to hear people success or struggles with it. Im not totally convinced it works. A bit of snake oil. Would be awesome if people have had success with it though

Absolutely. Just food for thought really

Well I do run ULNS as I skim hard and my nitrate and po4 have been running at 0 for months. Let's see if it stays yellow in my tank.

Potassium is for blues and purples, reds and pinks actually. In fact if yellow corals turn green, and you dose potassium, that's an indicator to cut back.

Well I do run ULNS as I skim hard and my nitrate and po4 have been running at 0 for months. Let's see if it stays yellow in my tank.

Yea I'm interested in seeing how this goes keep us posted

Potassium is for blues and purples actually. In fact if yellow corals turn green, and you dose potassium, that's an indicator to cut back.

Ahh well that might put a damper as I run potassium super high. Red Sea can't even test for it anymore.

Archived