Innovative Marine Aquariums

Big Hello guys and What would you do?

goldenswimmers

goldenswimmers

Big hello from down under and what a great place this is!!

Just thought I should start some conversation,say hello and at the same time ask for some creative ideas ;) I currently have a little nano up and going at about 15 gallons and this is going nicely(has a few corals and a nice little mini community happening) but have also just grabbed a nice cheap second hand Fluval Chi 6.6 gallon tank and this is where my questions begin...

So whats your guys thoughts on running this 6.6 gallon fluval chi as a nano marine?...being a bit of a taller tank rather than good footprint/base size I would love to hear some ideas and thoughts..

Im thinking 30-50% changes every week and it should stay pretty healthy and I would use a fair bit of live rock too(naturally this would mean its holding less that 6.6 gallons!)..

Im thinking even the ocellaris would be too big for a tank this size to be fair on the guys so maybe coral gobies?..any other ideas for little little fish? :)

Whats your ideas guys?(its the larger size in the picture)

post-86713-0-22030800-1436171159_thumb.png

Hello and welcome:)

There is definitely the ability to do a reef in this tank. There are many people who have successful pico tanks.

You will definitely need to keep up with regular water changes, top up evaporation.

As for stocking the tank, at this size you are looking at cuc's and a small goby with corals.

charnelhouse

I kept a Citron Clown Goby in a Nanocube 6 gallon for a year. He did great in there. Relocated to a 40 gallon recently though.

Archived