Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tang questions

dragonxflare

dragonxflare

I am sure the answer will be no, but I just wanted to ask anyways... :)

I have a 36"x17"7 tank (49 gallons roughly) with a 30 gallon sump, will I be able to put a baby tang in here for a while?

Was thinking something like a Yellow / blue tang.

Chad Walters

Baby tang and for a while is the key words. I don't see it being a problem if you stick to that.

I'm sure tang police will be around shortly to slam us both. Lol :happy:

Baby tang and for a while is the key words. I don't see it being a problem if you stick to that.

I'm sure tang police will be around shortly to slam us both. Lol :happy:

post-79628-0-30080000-1435887876.jpg
ReeferReefer

What are you going to do when he gets to big? I'd go with a Kole or tomini and relocate later instead since they tend to be a little less active.

I'd go more for blue tang than yellow since you can get very small juveniles. Would be fine for a while, but any tang would need to relocate as they mature

dragonxflare

What are you going to do when he gets to big? I'd go with a Kole or tomini and relocate later instead since they tend to be a little less active.

I have a local fish store down the street that would gladly take a donation of a nice tang. I figured I can do that when it gets too big.

ReeferReefer

That is considered by many to be bad husbandry but its your tank and animals. The worry is that by the time you realize they are getting too big there will already be damage to the animal. The way I like to think of it is that we are in this hobby because we love animals and the ocean. So I try to do what is best for my pets. Hope this helps.

dragonxflare

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll most likely just stay away from tangs until I fix up the 300 down stairs :)

Thanks again!

Archived