Cultivated Reef

'Nother great order!

CJJon

Ordered up some snails from John, great stuff! Although they have yet to crawl out, the nerites are all at the water line plotting their escape. They also are already laying eggs on the back wall. Most everything survived except a couple ceriths that my two scarlet hermits were happy about.

Thanks John!

HarryPotter

Ordered up some snails from John, great stuff! Although they have yet to crawl out, the nerites are all at the water line plotting their escape. They also are already laying eggs on the back wall. Most everything survived except a couple ceriths that my two scarlet hermits were happy about.

Thanks John!

Im hoping on returning my evil brown hermit and getting a CUC from John- excited!

Im hoping on returning my evil brown hermit and getting a CUC from John- excited!

The only hermits that I keep in the main DT are the yellow-eyed scarlet hermits. They are chill. I have a big brown hermit in the hermit jail that is a total dick. He moves so fast and is very strong. The blue legs are not quite as bad, they are little dicks.

HarryPotter

The only hermits that I keep in the main DT are the yellow-eyed scarlet hermits. They are chill. I have a big brown hermit in the hermit jail that is a total dick. He moves so fast and is very strong. The blue legs are not quite as bad, they are little dicks.

The brown one kills MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS. HUGE. FOR SPORT.

Little bastard. I can't make myself kill it, so ill just have to bring it to LFS :lol:

Ive heard that Johns packages are overkill sometimes- the 45 package has:

• 42 Dwarf Ceriths
  • 19 Nassarius
  • 22 Florida Ceriths
  • 17 Small to Medium Nerites

Plus the tank is rimless! So I'm not sure the crew is good for me

Plus the tank is rimless! So I'm not sure the crew is good for me

Uggh, my tank is rimless too and the damn nerites crawl out all the time. They are hardy though (like out of the water for two weeks hardy), but still. When I walk into the room where the tank is in the AM, I have to watch where I walk. They also make a mess out of the outside of the glass when they crawl out. PITA. They are strong boogers too and it takes time to get them to release. I eventually plunk the repeat offenders into my hermit jail that has a rim that seems to keep them in. I wish John sold trochus snails.

Everything else mostly stays in the tank. Although there was a cerith out today, but I think it hitched a ride on the back of a nerite.

HarryPotter

Uggh, my tank is rimless too and the damn nerites crawl out all the time. They are hardy though (like out of the water for two weeks hardy), but still. When I walk into the room where the tank is in the AM, I have to watch where I walk. They also make a mess out of the outside of the glass when they crawl out. PITA. They are strong boogers too and it takes time to get them to release. I eventually plunk the repeat offenders into my hermit jail that has a rim that seems to keep them in. I wish John sold trochus snails.

Everything else mostly stays in the tank. Although there was a cerith out today, but I think it hitched a ride on the back of a nerite.

As of now I just have trochus and two olive snails and they are amazing. The only thing is the hermit murders them!

As of now I just have trochus and two olive snails and they are amazing. The only thing is the hermit murders them!

My crabs don't kill the nerites that I have seen. The larger nerites are very strong and the crabs can't get at them. Sure, the nerites may be caught in a goofy position and the crabs may take advantage, but generally they are hard to eat.

Just got my order of 13 nassarius snails eneded up being 21 but hey whos counting.(not John) thanks John for always being awesome.

johnmaloney

Dwarf cowries and trochus snails are good substitutes for nerites in rimless tanks

Your welcome Addinali!

Archived