Pod Your Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

That is sexy

Thanks, man......one of my favorites in the tank now. The yellow is amazing.

How's everything going in Sancho-land?

• Like 1

Thanks, man......one of my favorites in the tank now. The yellow is amazing.

How's everything going in Sancho-land?

I thought for sure that was a NPS coral. What did stella tell you it was? One of the LFS has something very similar looking but the dude told me it was a NPS carnation coral and told me I would probably kill it.

Life is good. 1 tank has pretty much crashed the other is on the rebound from the dinos. The kids are making the wife nuts. She threatened to leave us this morning :lol: My son likes to hit and throw everything my daughter just wants to turn everything into an argument. Other than that same ol shit. Bunch of unfinished projects.

• Like 2

That looks pretty sweet, what is it??

Not sure.

Banana yellow flesh with white polyps.....white glows a purple color with the lights on. Super fuzzy when all polyps are out.....that pic was after a dip before going into the tank. Inflates to about double that size. Reacts strongly to light....so, hoping mainly photosynthetic.

Shipped in as a "nepthia". In other words, I have no idea.

:^ )

• Like 1

Not sure.

Banana yellow flesh with white polyps.....white glows a purple color with the lights on. Super fuzzy when all polyps are out.....that pic was after a dip before going into the tank. Inflates to about double that size. Reacts strongly to light....so, hoping mainly photosynthetic.

Shipped in as a "nepthia". In other words, I have no idea.

Well its gorgeous.

• Like 3

looks like something I might not kill.

Well its gorgeous.

Thanks!

Ya, I think that looks a lot like what it may be, stellars.

They had one that was a reverse of this.....white flesh with yellow polyps.....almost got it....but I'm down to limited space in this cube.

Try one Sancho, what's the worse that could happen?

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

I guess I have to be the bearer of bad news then. In some tanks they hang on for a year or 2, other they are gone in a few months. They are NPS and need 3-4 feedings a day of VERY fine foods.

• Like 1

I guess I have to be the bearer of bad news then. In some tanks they hang on for a year or 2, other they are gone in a few months. They are NPS and need 3-4 feedings a day of VERY fine foods.

I think you hit your head too hard.

• Like 2

Wait is that a buzzing sound :unsure: I thought there was only one :lol:

Coral looks sweet Jack keep us posted on how it t urns out.

• Like 3

I thought the same thing! Buzzkill Bunny and Buzzkill Ben! Two BBs omgomgomg

• Like 4

Well, I woke up this morning and it's dead.

Looks like the BB's struck again.

:^ (

• Like 2

Thanks, man. Will do.

• Like 1

So Jack! Can you post a full tank shot from like say 10 feet away from your tank??? I'm so curious how everything looks now!

• Like 1

:^ o

:^ o
  • Like 2

So Jack! Can you post a full tank shot from like say 10 feet away from your tank??? I'm so curious how everything looks now!

Sure thing, stand by!

:^ o :^ o

I'll suck you up a turkey baster worth of sludge (I mean frag it for you) and send it your way....just pay shipping.

• Like 1

Sure thing, stand by!

I'll suck you up a turkey baster worth of sludge (I mean frag it for you) and send it your way....just pay shipping.

should I hold my breath? or is that just asking for certain death...

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Those Nephthea are the goddamnedest things to keep, on par with Dendronephthea. They ship well in the fall/winter and will hold on for a while, then up and die overnight. Shipping them in warm weather is NO BUENO, you get soft coral milkshakes with spicules in it.

Cube20-20FTS206-1-2016.jpg

Here you go. Still have things to move around and stuff to get rid of....but, here is a crap shot for now.

• Like 8