Cultivated Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Pink fuzzy thing is looking hood.....puffier and fuzzier!

STILL ALIVE!

Mr Ball.........he's a survivor. Like Indiana Jones....always gets his hat back.

:lol: This cracked me up.

• Like 1

Good morning, salad queen.

Today must be Monday somehow.......did I pass out and miss a few days and the wekend?

oh god. Let's hope not! This week is never-ending and I sure need a weekend.

• Like 1

The big fat gorg! Is that the plating sponge to the left?

Yes and yes......and something else....not the toad......

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

Yes and yes......and something else....not the toad......

The thing on the top right? I can't tell what it is tho!

• Like 1

The thing on the top right? I can't tell what it is tho!

That's a shadow......the big mag rock the corals are glued to :^ )

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

That's a shadow......the big mag rock the corals are glued to :^ )

:lol: Yes! That I recognize :) I'm glad it has a good home!

Those magrocks don't color up easily do they! I have two and they're still mostly white! They stick out like sore thumbs :)

So what's funny is I stopped in here to give you shit about not posting photos and BOOM! You had posted a new photo last night! So I couldn't give you shit :)

• Like 1

:lol: Yes! That I recognize :) I'm glad it has a good home!Those magrocks don't color up easily do they! I have two and they're still mostly white! They stick out like sore thumbs :)

So what's funny is I stopped in here to give you shit about not posting photos and BOOM! You had posted a new photo last night! So I couldn't give you shit :)

Actually, once they start....they get covered really well....mines just started getting spots. My old one I threw in the trash was Sooo thick and encrusted with coralline it was crazy. Give it some time.

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

Actually, once they start....they get covered really well....mines just started getting spots. My old one I threw in the trash was Sooo thick and encrusted with coralline it was crazy. Give it some time.

Nice! This is good to hear. I have some good spots going on now so I'm hoping it takes off! my tonga branches look painted purple so I'm hoping for the same. Well, painted purple with splotches of bubble algae.

• Like 1

Nice! This is good to hear. I have some good spots going on now so I'm hoping it takes off! my tonga branches look painted purple so I'm hoping for the same. Well, painted purple with splotches of bubble algae.

Ya....I have a few spots of the damn bubble algae showing up.....damnit.

• Like 1

So.....my Tunze ATO (3155) had to have the power supply replaced....bought it off of Amazon as directed by Tunze (Rodger). Worked great. Now the damn pump won't pump when it's time to start filling....just a loud vibrating hum every few minutes. Turned it over and poked at the little impeller thing and it'll start pumping a tiny stream. Drop it back nine the reservoir and it won't continue pumping....back to the loud humming. Sent Rodger with Tunze another email.....we'll see what he says. I'm sure I'll be buying a replacement pump on Amazon later.

Are these things junk?

• Like 1

So did you prime it in the ATO reservoir? I know that might be a dumb question but the sound you describe sounds like it needs priming..

I'm not a tunze ATO fan at ALL - I went through two sensors and three ATO pumps in a year

• Like 1

So.....my Tunze ATO (3155) had to have the power supply replaced....bought it off of Amazon as directed by Tunze (Rodger). Worked great. Now the damn pump won't pump when it's time to start filling....just a loud vibrating hum every few minutes. Turned it over and poked at the little impeller thing and it'll start pumping a tiny stream. Drop it back nine the reservoir and it won't continue pumping....back to the loud humming. Sent Rodger with Tunze another email.....we'll see what he says. I'm sure I'll be buying a replacement pump on Amazon later.

Are these things junk?

same thing with mine last night. F tunze's warranty. I bought a new pump for $26 Amazon prime it will be here tomorrow. It turns on but will only pump water a couple inches. It has always had an issue priming. I think tunze has really gone downhill. $26 was well worth not having to have Roger tell me it is something I did.
  • Like 2

So did you prime it in the ATO reservoir? I know that might be a dumb question but the sound you describe sounds like it needs priming..

I'm not a tunze ATO fan at ALL - I went through two sensors and three ATO pumps in a year

Yep....tried priming it......I even sucked on its hose to get it to shoot in my mouth.....it did, but as soon as I stopped sucking, it stopped.

If I turn it over and look at the little impeller thing....it's like it's jammed. Poke it and it frees up for a minute so that it pulls a small trickle. Then, a couple minutes later it turns back on with a loud buzzing / hum....and nothing coming out of the hose. It's like the impeller is frozen up inside the housing.

same thing with mine last night. F tunze's warranty. I bought a new pump for $26 Amazon prime it will be here tomorrow. It turns on but will only pump water a couple inches. It has always had an issue priming. I think tunze has really gone downhill. $26 was well worth not having to have Roger tell me it is something I did.

Do you have the part number for the damn thing?

• Like 1

Yep....tried priming it......I even sucked on its hose to get it to shoot in my mouth.....it did, but as soon as I stopped sucking, it stopped.

If I turn it over and look at the little impeller thing....it's like it's jammed. Poke it and it frees up for a minute so that it pulls a small trickle. Then, a couple minutes later it turns back on with a loud buzzing / hum....and nothing coming out of the hose. It's like the impeller is frozen up inside the housing.

Do you have the part number for the damn thing?

That's annoying! And these tanks evaporate a lot :(

• Like 1

that's what I'm using on my 66.

I was just thinking of selling off all my old equipment...I got that job today and Erin also passed the ob/gyn registry today with flying colors. We're hoping to have our own place before Christmas now so I give it a year before I get a nice beefy tank and will need all that equipment. :)

• Like 2

I was just thinking of selling off all my old equipment...I got that job today and Erin also passed the ob/gyn registry today with flying colors. We're hoping to have our own place before Christmas now so I give it a year before I get a nice beefy tank and will need all that equipment. :)

Yeah you will need it! But if you have a used ATO you're looking to sell, I'm looking to buy for my 10 gallon :)

I did the same thing. Sucked on it, blew through it and jerked the pump up and down trying to get it to prime.

OMG that sounds really bad. :lol:

• Like 2