Cultivated Reef

Bring 1+ lbs Sodium Carbonate on a plane?

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Hmm. Guess you'll find out soon enough!!! :)

Sounds fun! I have a pound of Sodium Carbonate, Calcium Chloride, quite a bit of Chemi-Pure blue, and more. Uh oh!

Well, just tell the security guys what it is for. I'm pretty certain they will pull your pack out of the line. Either that or have your sis ship them to you and don't take the chance

jamescstein

All joking aside. Call the airline and ask. It will likely need to be in checked baggage. TBH a fits its ships box from USPS isn't expensive and will probably be worth your time dealing with TSA.

HarryPotter

All joking aside. Call the airline and ask. It will likely need to be in checked baggage. TBH a fits its ships box from USPS isn't expensive and will probably be worth your time dealing with TSA.

Honestly it was like $12 for both bags. If it gets taken, it gets taken and I won't be that upset.

It will be fine. Just make sure to ask them nicely to put on a fresh pair of gloves.

This is going to be epic!

omgomgomg

HarryPotter

Why did you buy baking soda in another state? :huh:

Since he convinced me! Haha not baking powder! Sodium Carbonate and Calcium Chloride!

Is that baking powder? :lol:

To save 12 bucks.....not worth even trying to explain it once to the security.

Bwahahaha

Marc.The.Shark

I just use plain ol Arm & Hammer, .99 a box. I refuse to pay all that money for the designer Alk supplements, when they're the same thing.

If you get nervous in line for security, mix 2 teaspoons of your designer Baking Powder with water, it'll settle your stomach! Lol

jedimasterben

Since he convinced me! Haha not baking powder! Sodium Carbonate and Calcium Chloride!

Is that baking powder? :lol:

Bwahahaha

Sodium carbonate is washing soda (which is heated baking soda to drive off moisture and CO2) and calcium chloride is ice melter.
HarryPotter

Sodium carbonate is washing soda (which is heated baking soda to drive off moisture and CO2) and calcium chloride is ice melter.

Swag. That's all :lol:

HarryPotter

OUCH' *hopps around*

No cavity search fortunately, but my Ca and KH powders are TSA tested and approved!

395A3023-B612-4DF9-9CD9-8653C1C256BC_zps

Marc.The.Shark

OUCH' *hopps around*

No cavity search fortunately, but my Ca and KH powders are TSA tested and approved!395A3023-B612-4DF9-9CD9-8653C1C256BC_zps

I'm proud f you for not talking! Figured you'd be in Gitmo for sure! Lol

Archived