inTank Media Baskets

Truelumen Nano Led Nano kit in Biocube 14

GHD1959

I bought the truelumen Nano led kit for my Biocube 14 and am having trouble with where the intensity levels should be set for each of the two light strips. I have been searching and asking all over and can't get an answer. I have softies and lps coral as well as inverts and fish...One strip is a deep blue strip and other is a Marine Fusion strip White/blue. The are on a dual ramp timer and original moonlights fro tank are on all the time until midnight for 6 hours darkness. Can anyone there give me some insight?

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. Posting in one forum is enough.

Lighten up Francis.

He or she joined 10 or so hours ago.

Maybe they are just learning how to post something and for whatever reason just duplicated or quaddruplicated it.

jamescstein

I replied in my retro thread but I'll also post what I said here.

Its honestly hard to say. In my B29 I have 4 strips, 2 fusion and 2 deep blue. Channel 1, deep blue, is set to 70. Channel 2, fusion, is set to 65. I started at 30/25 and added a level each day till I hit 55/45 and stayed there for a while. All zoa's and softies. I added a grape monti frag and it browned and kind of just sat there. I also added a rainbow monti and a chalice and both of those didn't do much either. Slowly increased to 70/65 and the montis and chalice started coloring up again and growing. I may even go higher with the lights and see if I can get the grape back to what it looked like when I got it, I just stopped at the current level to take stock and see how the higher lights affected my zoas, palys and softies.

Depending on what sort of light you are coming from you'll want to start small and increase the level depending on the reaction of your coral. The fish could probably care less about the lights. I don't know about the stock led strips I don't think they are very bright at all, but you might want to turn the on right before your lights start to ramp down and not leave them on all day, though it probably doesn't matter in the long run, all the stock stuff save the fans and transformer needed to run the fans got stripped out of my hood.

The key will be finding what your corals like, These lights aren't super bright you may find you need them on full blast for sps.

Archived