Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

Well, I can't lie. Today was a big disappointment. I woke up and was bouncing off the walls at the hospital because I was excited that my wrasse was coming today! Instead of leaving the box at the office like I requested, they dropped the box off at my outside front door sitting in the sun. I was able to get the box within 20 minutes of them leaving the box there. (I had all kinds of visions that someone would take it!) As soon as I got it inside and opened, I was nervous because there was a cold pack and the box felt cold! I couldn't see anything swimming around in the bag and I was starting to doubt a little.

21121904969_d017eff5b2_k.jpg

:rant:

Yep, cold as heck. He was sitting at the bottom of the bag upside down. In the medical field, people cannot be declared dead until they are warm and dead. I dutifully acclimated him, I tried a little fishie CPR by blowing some water across his gills. Sadly, I didn't see any movement.

So this was my first experience purchasing a fish online.

21308790075_2a2bcc3942_k.jpg

:tears:

:tears:

Sorry :(. This reminds me...they don't ship well. Now that I think of it, I know a few people that have had bad luck with ordering them online and having them shipped. My brother included. In fact, even the second one he ordered arrived DOA, if I'm remembering correctly. He ended up finding one at his LFS.

What kind of popsicles are those that you made????? They look like vanilla pudding-type pops..yum.

• Like 1

Thanks Gena. I think he would've been fine except for the cold pack that was in there. It just wasn't a warm day out to begin with plus he came from colder weather yet. I'm crossing my fingers that a second one will make it to me okay, I'm pretty sure my LFS is out at this point.

They are actually cheesecake popsicles! Vanilla Cheesecake. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Gena. I think he would've been fine except for the cold pack that was in there. It just wasn't a warm day out to begin with plus he came from colder weather yet. I'm crossing my fingers that a second one will make it to me okay, I'm pretty sure my LFS is out at this point.

LA did the same thing to me with a CuC order. Mild weather but the stuck a ton of ice packs in there and half the crew was dead on arrival. They refunded them but that's not really the point...

• Like 1

Do they have another one already or do you have to wait?

Oh....that sounds amazing! Yum!!!!!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the wrasse. That's always so disappointing when they could have survived if only they were packed differently.

At least you're dealing with LA/DD. They've always been great to work with when I've ordered from them. Fitzgerald, my pink streaked wrasse, came from them. Fortunately he didn't have any shipping problems :) Good luck getting a replacement!

• Like 1

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the wrasse. That's always so disappointing when they could have survived if only they were packed differently.

At least you're dealing with LA/DD. They've always been great to work with when I've ordered from them. Fitzgerald, my pink streaked wrasse, came from them. Fortunately he didn't have any shipping problems :) Good luck getting a replacement!

I'm glad to hear someone was able to get one to survive the shipment! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll keep an eye out too :).

Thanks Gena! Hopefully there is one this next week!

21184022559_6c07fee2da_k.jpg

Got a WHOLE bunch of micro brittle stars from GTi today. Split them between the two tanks.

I also got a shipment from Lawn with Salifert test kits.

Did my waterchange and tested my tank.

Ca-460

dKH 7.0

Alk 2.50

Mag 1350

21182820890_470f3f3d08_k.jpg

This was supper. We broke out the grill before the Nebraska game tonight. :D

• Like 6