SaltCritters.com

What Skimmers will fit in the NUVO Fusion 10 Gallon?

WolvPro

Hello everyone, just have a question. I purchased the Nuvo 10 gallon Fusion and I have a Tunze 9002 but I read that it will not fit :( Is there a list of what will no hang ons please? Thanks

So the Aquaticlife Mini 115 will fit in the back chamber of the Nuvo 10 Gallon Fusion?

I don't know about that but it's 3x3in foot print

Now is that a near or perfect 3" x 3"? Thanks ahead of time

just measured it for you, it's axactly 3 1/4 x 3 1/8 with the mount bracket.

Thanks I have not received the tank yet but it sure would be nice if someone who owned one could chime in and let us know. :(

In the AIO forum under the Innovative Fusion 10 club, stefalopod posted the IM schematic diagram marked up with the actual inside measurements of their rear chambers in post 707 of the thread. Front to back, the rear chamber was measured at 2 and 5/8th inches front to back, so it probably will not fit.

In the AIO forum under the Innovative Fusion 10 club, stefalopod posted the IM schematic diagram marked up with the actual inside measurements of their rear chambers in post 707 of the thread. Front to back, the rear chamber was measured at 2 and 5/8th inches front to back, so it probably will not fit.

Thanks. I guess its one of those dealer only items :( I wish they would not have done that.

I already posted this in the equipment area but I wanted to add something more here.

Will the New Tunze 9001 fit in the center chamber and work?

I got in the Ghost skimmer and one thing I am not liking is that it seems like the air valve really does not adjust air intake. I turn it off and it still makes bubbles. I turn it up and the amount of bubbles do not change. Is this common with it I wonder. I gave it a vinegar bath and I am used to tunze skimmers and this ghost skimmer just seems like it not going to make the cut for me if I can not adjust air intake. :(

Well a few days and no skimming from the IM Ghost Skimmer but water specks on the cup and micro bubbles from h3ll... Returning this skimmer ASAP! I know this is going to void my warranty on the tank but I am going to mod the rear chamber with the outlet pump and make the Tunze 9001 fit. Wish me luck. I think its kind of a cons way (shame on you IM) of making us buy a skimmer that only they make that will fit in the rear, my opinion is that it is a weak product. I will post pics once I mod the rear and with skimmer in and running. I would lay money on it that knowing Tunze the 9001 WILL start skimming within a day with a vinegar bath.

• 6 months later...

Well a few days and no skimming from the IM Ghost Skimmer but water specks on the cup and micro bubbles from h3ll... Returning this skimmer ASAP! I know this is going to void my warranty on the tank but I am going to mod the rear chamber with the outlet pump and make the Tunze 9001 fit. Wish me luck. I think its kind of a cons way (shame on you IM) of making us buy a skimmer that only they make that will fit in the rear, my opinion is that it is a weak product. I will post pics once I mod the rear and with skimmer in and running. I would lay money on it that knowing Tunze the 9001 WILL start skimming within a day with a vinegar bath.

Were you able to mod the rear chamber and fit the tunze 9001?

• 9 months later...

I have the nuvo 10g. The back chambers are small.

I don't use a skimmer. I agree with burtbollinger.

Water changes on nano's are enough.

Besides the ghost skimmer(which doesn't have good reviews), i'm not sure of others that will fit.

I may be the exception but I have had very little issues with my ghost skimmer.

I skim because I have a higher bio-load and also am going to start carbon dosing.

I will say that after I got my skimmer I completely disassembled it and made sure all fitting were snug. If not then you will get uncontrollable bubbles.

After that and the initial break in period, my skimmer is quiet and pulls out dark gunk.

Just my $0.02

NS-80 Reef Octopus WILL NOT fit in the fusion 10. the main part does, but the hangar is too wide to make it possible. Unless someone wants to get creative and trim off the excess of the hangar,then it might work.

I got the NS-80 in my frag tank - it works well in my AC110.

Archived