Cultivated Reef

Stocking a 90g AIO LPS/Softie Tank

ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

So I am building a 90g AIO tank with the SeaClear System II and I just want to get some advice on fish stocking. This is a sumpless system with a false wall where I'm going to grow macro and store live rock. Planing on getting a HOB skimmer ASAP. Anyways here is what we had in mind.

2 O. Clowns

1 yellow tang

1 six line wrasse

1 flame angle

Now I am thinking about a bottom dweller as well. A blenny, goby or hawk fish? This will be a bare bottom tank so no burrowers. Any suggestions? Trying to keep a medium bioload or lower.

A great one would be a hawkfish, but small shrimp will be at risk. I'd get multiple fairy/flasher wrasse instead of the six line, or if it's for pests, get a possum/pink streak wrasse. The flame may pick at corals. Fang blennies are also cool.

thehammer1985

Agreed in my 110 I tried a six line and he seamed mad at the world. But they are hit or miss on tempermant . If you wanna go safe on it and beautiful try a male and female of mcoskers flasher or carpenter wrasse . The addition of a female will keep the male looking amazing and may flash . Also If you want the flame angel just be watchful and be ready to pull him out if he starts tearing up your Los they traditionally leave softies alone but they can be a pain with Lps and clams

Archived