ReefCleaners.org

Water question

johnnyvega252

johnnyvega252

Hello you guys so I had just started my new tank and i had placed it on a dresser that i have today when i got home from work i noticed that the dresser was sagging in the center. Im going to hold off on the tank until sunday when my dad can make me a stand for it. Now about the water i removed it and have it circulating in my mixing tank I have added Dr. Tim's bacteria product already. My rocks are dry rock and the sand is live I'm worried about it causing a huge problem before i even start what would you guys do? Would you remove the rock and sand or just let it sit in whatever water is left?

I would put the rocks in the mixing tank with the water as there's nothing for the bacteria to settle in if it is just water. Keep the sand in the tank with a little water. Just my opinion. Although I'm still a noob, so if someone more experienced has different advice, I would follow that!

:)

That's the problem with using furniture as aquarium stands. Happily you noticed it before it got worse.

You can cycle your rock in anything that holds water. Go ahead and use your mixing tub. The sand will be ok with just enough water to cover as Stella said, but you might want to give it a gentle stir every day or so since the water isn't being refreshed.

Archived