Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kessil A160WE Settings

Brayreef

Hello,

I recently acquired a kessil and I'm unsure about what intensity and height I should be using. My tank is 3 gallons (overkill, I know lol), but I will eventually upgrade to something larger. I have gooseneck and 90 degree adapter on the way and should be here later this week. Any suggestions? I have mostly lps corals with a couple monti caps and rock flower anemones. Thanks

Oh, and were you lighting it with before?

[Edit]

Unless you're coming from something already powerful, I would start the tank off at about 20% intensity and then just work your way up from there. It's a very shallow tank which is where the issue comes from. Typically people start their kessil's off at 30% but since your tank is so shallow, I would go with 20% and then see what happens. Obviously pay attention to the corals and if you see anything start to bleach, then turn it down to 10% or 15%

Oh, and were you lighting it with before?

[Edit]

Unless you're coming from something already powerful, I would start the tank off at about 20% intensity and then just work your way up from there. It's a very shallow tank which is where the issue comes from. Typically people start their kessil's off at 30% but since your tank is so shallow, I would go with 20% and then see what happens. Obviously pay attention to the corals and if you see anything start to bleach, then turn it down to 10% or 15%

I'm currently using a par 30 coral compulsion led. How far should I have it from the surface of the water?

I'm currently using a par 30 coral compulsion led. How far should I have it from the surface of the water?

I would just play around with it until the coverage looks right. I would think around 6" but it may be a bit more or a bit less.

Archived