Coral Vue Hydros

BuildMyLED

Galli

So, I've gone from a 5 gallon, to a 20 gallon, then down again to a 10 gallon due to space issues and wanting a chameleon and some Phelsuma.

What's the best spectrum for a 10 gallon to grow softies, LPS, and SPS? If that's even possible, that is.

So, I've gone from a 5 gallon, to a 20 gallon, then down again to a 10 gallon due to space issues and wanting a chameleon and some Phelsuma.

What's the best spectrum for a 10 gallon to grow softies, LPS, and SPS? If that's even possible, that is.

A single AI Prime would grow them fine in a 10 Gallon.

Would it give good spread over the entire tank, or would I have severe dark spots? Also, is the AI Prime better than the BML in this case?

Would it give good spread over the entire tank, or would I have severe dark spots? Also, is the AI Prime better than the BML in this case?

It would have good coverage. I'm not a LED expert and I haven't looked much into the BuildMyLED lately. Maybe Jedi will chime in soon.

bdevillier19

Both will work, however I'm not very impressed with the prime. For all the hype and the big wait they could have done a better job on the light. I don't like the led choice they made and the few issues (buzzing, arm mount sagging) should not have happened in a light that was so late to the market. Bang for the buck its a great idea but poor execution IMO.

The buildmyled I have not had the chance to see in person but people seem to be happy with them. A 12" BML would probably work fine for lower light corals. Anything more and you're getting up to the $200 mark which is the prime price range.

There is also the maxspect celestial. Its not as pretty as the prime, but I do like the light output better and the led selection is better.

Or just drop the dough to get the cream of the crop and get a nano box.

Both will work, however I'm not very impressed with the prime. For all the hype and the big wait they could have done a better job on the light. I don't like the led choice they made and the few issues (buzzing, arm mount sagging) should not have happened in a light that was so late to the market. Bang for the buck its a great idea but poor execution IMO.

The buildmyled I have not had the chance to see in person but people seem to be happy with them. A 12" BML would probably work fine for lower light corals. Anything more and you're getting up to the $200 mark which is the prime price range.

There is also the maxspect celestial. Its not as pretty as the prime, but I do like the light output better and the led selection is better.

Or just drop the dough to get the cream of the crop and get a nano box.

More than likely I will stick to the tank I have now, but when I upgrade to the IM 40gallon cube I'll drop some money on a nanobox, if you think that'll be able to work on a 40Cube.

bdevillier19

I'm not familiar with the dimensions of the IM 40 off the top of my head but I would thing a nano box duo would be a minimum.

Archived