Innovative Marine Aquariums

FYI: Sunday Sunday Sunday! Petco dollar per gallon sale!

xmas_one

I assume this doesn't include drilled tanks. We don't have a petco here but we will be in FL near one next week.

You can't drill any of the tanks Petco carries anymore. It is only on their basic line which is Aqueon.

Does every Petco across the nation do it at the same time?

From what I know yes.

How do you know? It just ended alittle over a month ago and one of the members of my local club(petco manager) said it isn't happening again for 2-3 months.

post-49312-0-92646300-1435089090_thumb.jpg

How do you know? It just ended alittle over a month ago and one of the members of my local club(petco manager) said it isn't happening again for 2-3 months.

Nice. It is unfortunate that they are no longer drillable tanks and the glass thickness has decreased.

Nice. It is unfortunate that they are no longer drillable tanks and the glass thickness has decreased.

true but these tanks are really only used as sumps for us at this point anyway

Ya now. haha. The 40 breeders used to make great tanks when this sale came along.

So are these not the best to be used as a main tank anymore? Was hoping for a nice cheap upgrade in another few months...

So are these not the best to be used as a main tank anymore? Was hoping for a nice cheap upgrade in another few months...

As long as you aren't drilling them they seem to be ok. The silicone is sloppy and the glass thickness has decreased. Just cherry pick the one you want and you should be good.

Dang it!

I was hoping to pick up a 20 gallon long and drilling it for a simple setup with a 10 gallon sump

You MIGHT be able to drill the backs. It is hit or miss from what I hear. I was exploring it before I ordered my tank. Bottoms are for sure a no go.

I got a 29g on last sale, had it drilled and still going strong

Cencalfishguy56

You can't drill any of the tanks Petco carries anymore. It is only on their basic line which is Aqueon.

From what I know yes.

No not everyone, I looked at the dates from different cities and they are all different the closest store to me won't have one till the end of the month while a different store isn't even having one for a couple months

Back or bottom? When I was researching it in April some people would get lucky and others it would shatter when drilling the backs.

No not everyone, I looked at the dates from different cities and they are all different the closest store to me won't have one till the end of the month while a different store isn't even having one for a couple months

I went online to try to look at my local store ad to see if they were having the sale in IL. Not even a local ad available for me. :(

I went online to try to look at my local store ad to see if they were having the sale in IL. Not even a local ad available for me. :(

The ad won't post until Sunday. Looks like the one above was leaked or something.

Cencalfishguy56

The ad won't post until Sunday. Looks like the one above was leaked or something.

Yea but if you go on the site and search city then events planned they show you what's going on

Go on their site and search your city then look at the events calendar

Yea but if you go on the site and search city then events planned they show you what's going on

Go on their site and search your city then look at the events calendar

Sorryyyyyyyyy that I don't go to Petco. Like EVER. lol

Back or bottom? When I was researching it in April some people would get lucky and others it would shatter when drilling the backs.

Back of tank. Running a Herbie overflow .

righttirefire

Oregon dollar a gallon sale was like 2 months ago. Got a 20 long and drilled the back no problem here.

Archived