Cultivated Reef

Justin Fox's Fluval Edge 2 - New Video Page 15!

justinfox

Very jelly that you got to meet the liberty walk guys. I'm trying to pinch pennies for a trip to Japan next year. I want to work on my horimono and maybe bring a car back. I'm just scared that if I go, I may not make it back. I got into Japanese culture through cars. Hopefully my dream of going next year happens!

• Like 2

:wub:

Doesn;t that super low front bumper thingee hinder driving?

If it's anything like the scene over here... Suspension was lowered for the shot. A ~lot~ of aftermarket suspension lets you do this with one or two simple tools you can keep in the glove box - autocrossers/autoslalom racers seem especially fond of such things.

• Like 2

Doesn;t that super low front bumper thingee hinder driving?

Car is on air bags so it can go up and down and the press of a button! :)

Very jelly that you got to meet the liberty walk guys. I'm trying to pinch pennies for a trip to Japan next year. I want to work on my horimono and maybe bring a car back. I'm just scared that if I go, I may not make it back. I got into Japanese culture through cars. Hopefully my dream of going next year happens!

Dude, go go go. Japan is amazing! I've been over 10 times easy and would love to go every year if I could!!!!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Dude you are living the good life! Incredible tank, traveling the world, cars, girls, girls, girls, girls (Did I mention girls?), etc.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Cameron6796

Wow I'm in love, I have a FW edge and have dreamed of making one a reef tank. But then I get all indecisive and weigh the aesthetic of the kit over the price and what else I could buy instead. One day I will have one though, one day indeed.

• Like 1

Yeah I love the challenge of the Edge! Neill said it was like a "ship in a bottle", spot on! It's exactly what its like!!! It sure helps to make you keep your hands out of the tank that's for sure!

I have a few new corals. I bought one online that turned out a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be, and its got nowhere to go, so I might have to pass it on to someone else, maybe.

I have no new photos though, will take some either tonight or tomorrow night and update this thread!

• Like 1

Ah just whipped out the camera and took some quick pictures (I like to get things done rather than have stuff to do floating around in my forebrain!).

I have 2 new pieces which I bought from Reef Secrets, online. The bi-colour torch is such a sweet piece, but the purple and green hammer is HUGE! It's way too big for my tank. I've put it on the sand bed for now, but I might at some stage have to either break it up so I can arrange it on my rock work, or pass it on.

I also have a new Tunze algae scraper. Expensive but it does a much better job than the Two Little Fishies one, getting into the sand bed and also the corners of the tank. The Two Little Fishies one is perfect for pushing air bubbles from the top of the tank though (which gives me that Fluval Edge top down view).

PS: Xenia still isn't as happy as it was in the fish store. I assume it's because my water is too clean? Hammers though are going off and so much larger than even the last FTS 9 days ago.

topdown.jpg

Obligatory top down shot

hamemer.jpg

Huge Hammer.

torch.jpg

Bi-colour Torch. Leather has been pissed off and not opening since turning on the MP10!

morphs.jpg

Zoas and morphs all doing super well and spreading out. Star polyps are already spreading over the rock work (I tried to move them, nope, they're stuck!).

tunze.jpg

Tunze Care Magnet.

fts_29th_july_2015.jpg

FTS.

• Like 11

The top down shot with the hammers looks awesome :). I really want to get a LPS island going in my new tank with just torches, hammers and frogspawn. Glad to hear you like the Tunze Care Magnet, I have one on its way from the US with a few other things for the new build. I can't wait to try it out.

• Like 1
Cameron6796

Omg, all I want for Christmas is "you"phylia

But seriously hammers and frogspawn and torches are some of my favourites and would be my main theme for a tank like this.

The big hammer on the sand is it being partially shaded???

• Like 3

The big hammer on the sand is it being partially shaded???

It sure is! It was always going to happen with a top heavy scape! That hammer is way too big for my tank. I'll figure out what to do with it soon. Either break it up and spread it around, or sell it off.

Yeah I love the challenge of the Edge! Neill said it was like a "ship in a bottle", spot on! It's exactly what its like!!! It sure helps to make you keep your hands out of the tank that's for sure!

I have a few new corals. I bought one online that turned out a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be, and its got nowhere to go, so I might have to pass it on to someone else, maybe.

I have no new photos though, will take some either tonight or tomorrow night and update this thread!

hey, It was me who made the "ship in a bottle" statement :lol:

the one time I said somethimg smart....

Great PICS btw!!!

edit:

Strange with the leather not opening up. too much or too less flow?

hey, It was me who made the "ship in a bottle" statement :lol:

the one time I said somethimg smart....

Great PICS btw!!!

edit:

Strange with the leather not opening up. too much or too less flow?

Aw sorry! LOL. Neill mentioned "ship in a bottle" in facebook chat! And yup, leather is pissed due to the MP10. Too much flow but I'm going to leave it there and see if it gets used to the flow.

I spent some time trying to find a place for the large wall hammer (I wish it was a branching one, had no idea when I bought it online that it was a wall hammer), and I found a spot for him but my rockwork collapsed when I had my arm i the tank!

SO ANNOYING.

All my hammers fell over, and now the layout of the hammers isn't quite the same as it was before, but it's OK. All good. I did though lose a frag plug of zoas though, which I was trying to reach, but accidentally knocked and now it's forever lost in a dark cave under my rock work! Super annoyed but I'll just have to leave them there unfortunately.

• Like 1

Looking gorgeous and I can't wait to see new photos of your accidental rescape.

Cheers Stella! And it's prtty much the same as it was! Rock layout wise. I'll take more photos soon for sure!

Nice new pictures Justin.

So, I have a Japanese Pistol Shrimp, and I need an appropriate name for him, thought you might help me out with that.

20150312_183042.jpg

He's AMAZING! Hmmm! How about:

"Juu" (gun in Japanese), or "Pisutoru". Or "Ebi" which is shrimp in Japanese. :)

• Like 2

sorry to hear about the accident. should't have praised the tiny opening too much :unsure:

Ah it's not that much of an accident! Just annoying more than anything else. I perhaps should have glued the rocks together? I am hoping the star polyps grow so fast they will tie the rocks together in time (they're already firmly attached to the rock they are on now).

In other news, here are some new shoots!

maya_smile.jpg

Sometimes, for no good reason at all, shit happens and life gets pretty ####ed up. Yesterday I hung out with Maya, who’s been through the wars lately. She’s such a beautiful soul, and deserves nothing but the best, but heart break and losing her job all at the same time has sent her into a downward spiral. Nothing quite like a good hike to reset your head. We spent the day in the sun talking about the big stuff. Maya’s bouncing back. Saturn Return. I’m just happy she’s smiling.

Full Set: http://www.justinfoxphoto.com/girls#/maya-1/

86_ssr.jpg

And here's some coverage from a BRZ/86 tech night at Toyo last night. Visit: http://www.zengarage.com.au/2015/07/nsw-86brz-car-club-toyo-tech-night/

• Like 3