Innovative Marine Aquariums

What level do you keep your SG at?

piano15

I was just sitting here, watching my tank with rocks and I thought with such a range in salinity 1.020-1.026, what are others keeping theres at?

So what's your numbers?

I have spent a lot of time reading. I was super curious as to what others choose since the range is quite large with no specific rule.

:) curious like a cat!

HarryPotter

I have spent a lot of time reading. I was super curious as to what others choose since the range is quite large with no specific rule.

:) curious like a cat!

Curiosity killed the cat.

Just saying. (Kidding :P )

I hope you are missing a zero :lol:

HA! Yes. Oops! 1.024

Apparently I can't do math as well as type numbers correctly. I'm SOL.

PathOfDeception

Being a nano with quick swings on a 20 long tank I aim to stay around 1.025. So at full top off i'm a little over 1.024 and at min when my ato kicks in I'm at 1.026. Doesn't seem to affect any inhabitants so long as the swing isn't too quick.

Cencalfishguy56

Being a nano with quick swings on a 20 long tank I aim to stay around 1.025. So at full top off i'm a little over 1.024 and at min when my ato kicks in I'm at 1.026. Doesn't seem to affect any inhabitants so long as the swing isn't too quick.

Is the swing because the hydor smart level?

Was at 1.028, now set to 1.025 after I got a digital refractometer. Used to use a regular refractometer to measure the SG, but after I got the digital one, I measure the Calibration Solution (which supposed to be 1.026), it is 1.028, that made my regular refactometer calibraterd wrong, and make the SG to 1.028 for a long time, but now it is 1.025 SG. Good to have the digital refractometer.

Cencalfishguy56

No problem! I actually watched from when you were younger and had the little ten gallon then to your tank now really cool how the progression advanced!

Archived