Cultivated Reef

Sold Please Close

bpounds1991

bpounds1991

Hey guys I have a Syncra here for sale, took it out of the box and fitted it to the tank, turned it on and it was too strong for the overflow I have (irritating when the tank builder rates it wrong!). Looking to get 60$ shipped

Cencalfishguy56

Hey guys I have a Syncra here for sale, took it out of the box and fitted it to the tank, turned it on and it was too strong for the overflow I have (irritating when the tank builder rates it wrong!). Looking to get 60$ shipped

What size tank did you have this on?

bpounds1991

I had it on a custom acrylic AIO, for some reason one of the overflows in the back won't allow for much flow so it only allows for about 240 GPH, this think would just suck the last chamber dry in a matter of 10 seconds

Cencalfishguy56

I had it on a custom acrylic AIO, for some reason one of the overflows in the back won't allow for much flow so it only allows for about 240 GPH, this think would just suck the last chamber dry in a matter of 10 seconds

Hmmm thinking about this pump or an eheim for my sump return

bpounds1991

I got this one because it's a little more affordable and it's easily adjustable, but even at the low end it was still too much for the tank. Let's just say I'm lucky I still had my other one from my old tank ?

And the tank I believe is roughly 26 gallons. It's a 30x18x13 with 4" of width in the back chambers

post-83237-0-75985100-1435026331_thumb.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

I got this one because it's a little more affordable and it's easily adjustable, but even at the low end it was still too much for the tank. Let's just say I'm lucky I still had my other one from my old tank ?

And the tank I believe is roughly 26 gallons. It's a 30x18x13 with 4" of width in the back chambers

Yikes did you try zip tying the outlets so they would be connected firmly?

bpounds1991

Oh they were lol, if anything that would increase flow and make matters worse, but everything was Teflon taped and secured completely and it was just too much flow even adjusted as low as possible (350 GPH)

Is this pump adjustable like the Tunze silence pumps? They look identical to me.

Edit. They are identical in looks. Did you try turning the knob to cut the flow back some?

bpounds1991

Yeah it's adjustable, 357 is on the low end and I had it turned down all the way lol. It's just too much so I ordered a Sicce .5, still available BTW

Archived