SaltCritters.com

Rodi filters

Drs1685

So i have a spectrapure 90gpd rodi and was wondering are the filters interchangeable between brands or do I need to stick to spectra pure brand, like will the brs rodi filters work? Coming up time to Change my di cartridge any suggestions?

I am not 100% sure on that but the safe bet would be to stick with the Spectrapure brand filters for the Spectrapure unit and same goes for other units.

Yes they are interchangeable. I have a cheap amazon no name unit and have used fllters and media from Spectrapure, BRS and Buckeye Hydro.

So i have a spectrapure 90gpd rodi and was wondering are the filters interchangeable between brands or do I need to stick to spectra pure brand, like will the brs rodi filters work? Coming up time to Change my di cartridge any suggestions?

Assuming that RODI unit uses the 10" filters then yes, they are interchangeable. I did the same as Sancho and got some no name brand and simply use BRS filters.

+1 on interchangeable. However, I'd still stick with Spectrapure for the quality.

Spectrapure and Buckeye Hydro will give you good quality. The BRS stuff may just be lower quality rebranded Chinese crap. Most of the units are re branded Chinese made units. I like Buckeye Hydro the owner called me back and helped me set up my system even though I did not buy it from him. He spent 45 mins on the phone with me helping me with a system that wasnt his. So with that being said Buckeye Hydro has a customer for life. Spectrapure was unable help me. The guys at buckeye are Reef junkies and could answer all my questions

http://spectrapure.com/FILTERS-MEMBRANES-RESIN/FILTER-REPLACEMENT-KITS/CSPDI-System-Cartridge-Replacement-Kit-SuperDI-High-Capacity (0.5um prefilters)

Or

http://spectrapure.com/FILTERS-MEMBRANES-RESIN/FILTER-REPLACEMENT-KITS/MPDI-System-Cartridge-Replacement-Kit-High-Capacity-DI (1um prefilters)

You typically want something better than drinking water filters. I agree with Sancho, Buckeye Hydro is another quality vendor for reef grade filters. Also, total cost of operation considered, buying quality prefilters, RO membranes, and DI resin doesn't really cost any more.

AZDesertRat

Stick with Spectrapure. They long term test all their filters and components before offering them for sale so you know it is only the very best. As Seabass said, use only low micron near absolte or absolute rated sediment and carbon block filters no larger than 1 micron. BRS pushes 5 micron sediment filters that to me are about as effective a a screen door. The reason I say that is did you know you can see 40 microns with the unaided human eye? With that in mind how well do you think 5 microns nominal protects the carbon blocks microscopic pores versus 0.5 or 1.0 microns near absolute? This is why many vendors include a second carbon block, to act as a sacrificial filter to catch all the stuff their sediment filter misses when really all they need to do is use a better sediment filter and eliminate that extra housing, fittings and filter.

Archived