Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

XL Flatworm...... ID help needed!

blankminded

blankminded

Well I went and did it. I added a couple corals without dipping. I know better and I always tell people never add anything to your tank without dipping it first. What do I do? Added stuff and not dip! Well I have a euphyllia dominated tank and from my google searches it appears to be a LPS eating flatworm. I didn't even know something like this existed. I've dealt with those tiny rusty colored flatworms and I've heard of acro flatworms but nothing like this. These guys are huge! I lost a really nice torch and and started to lose another when I decided to dip the one that wasn't looking good. I mixed some tank water and Coral RX dip and in went the torch. You should have seen my face when I watch 3 HUGE flatworms come racing off the coral. When I say huge im talking 2-3 inches long. I put them in a small container to take some pictures in hopes to get a sold ID and figure out how to get rid of these guys. I have 3 torches left. I also have 4 types of Frogspawn and 11 hammers. I talked to my LFS and they sold me Flatworm Exit. I have not used it just yet because I wanted see if anyone else has gone through this and what the outcome was. I'm not a fan of adding chemicals to my tank but if this will work I'll do it.

This guy was about 2 1/2 inches

20150617_165549.jpg

Archived