Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nuvo 30L Stand Design

hwk7072

I've got almost everything I initially need for my IM Nuvo 30L. Once it's cycled I'll tear down my Mr. Aqua 32, which I thought was too tall. Always up to my armpits when mucking around in there. That was in my home office to make mistakes in the past year. I made a bunch, and I'll make more. But I think I'm ready for the living room. I wanted to go sumpless, and shallow. The Nuvo 30 fits the bill. It's sleek, and low and long.

Here's the gear:

• AI Prime (2)
  • WP10QD-W (2)
  • Reef Cleaners rock
  • Jebao 4 pt. doser
  • Stock pump
  • Ghost skimmer (pending - opinions?)
  • Mini Max reactor (pending - probably carbon/GFO mix - opinions?)
  • Sand (pending) - haven't bought that yet. Thinking about the fiji pink. Is that too pink, you think?

But I can't set anything up until I build the stand. Here are the plans. Any opinions on the pending items above or the stand design appreciated.

The stand will be plywood interior for strength, and clad with walnut. The legs will be welded solid steel. This is a direct copy of the Linear line at Room and Board, of which we have a couple. But I've also made a couple myself, and save about 90%.

post-86134-0-60766200-1434836517_thumb.png

Here's the interior plan. I ran out of room more quickly than I thought! 36x15 is pretty small.

post-86134-0-33094900-1434836518_thumb.png

Here's the dry aquascape. I'm going for horizontal space on the rocks, but I'm not sure what to do with the vertical spaces, which are slanted inward.

The tank is only 13" deep, and am planning sps once stabilized.

post-86134-0-82414100-1434842084_thumb.jpg

Archived