inTank Media Baskets

Is my 10 gallon over stocked?

joshvollberg

joshvollberg

10 pound of live rock/live sand (good swimming room)

-purple firefish

-harp tail blenny

Can I add one more? I was thinking...possum wrasse? another goby?(watchman) or a cardinalfish?

I think a watchman would do great with your current stocking. I have a YWG and purple firefish in my 10g. I would leave it at that. I have 4 fish in my 10, and while I make it work, I also have to do 2, 20% water changes a week.

joshvollberg

I am thinking about a watchman goby. Would this be ok? Kind of a similar body shape like the blenny and Fire fish. Will they all get along ?

Is your harptail blenny a Meiacanthus mosssambicus? If so, it may want more room as an adult. You may be able to add another small fish, I'd recommend a small goby species.

joshvollberg

Ok. I have come down to my final decision which is Tanakas Pygmy wrasse. I have always wanted one and heard they are very shy, but so are my blenny and firefish. Hopefully they will allow him to be active and get along. So this calls for a special order at my lfs as none of them have the fish, but this is perfect timing as my 10 gallon is on day 10 and is about to get the first partial water change. After order comes in I want it to be in the lfs tank for 2 weeks to adjust and have my tank settle more aswell because he is about $70 and deserves to be the last addition.

Archived