Pod Your Reef

T5 Odyessa Project (Now painted)

Kimosobey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So its been decided finally!

Two t5's with 3 Nano box V3's

That's awesome!!! Can't wait to see the results. What are you going to be doing for heat sinks?

Over a 7" tall tank? IMHO you're just asking for trouble lol.

Well I've been really wanting to sell the 7" deep tank and just replace it with a 20 gallon long. Then the light wouldn't be such a overkill. Or would it?

jedimasterben

Well I've been really wanting to sell the 7" deep tank and just replace it with a 20 gallon long. Then the light wouldn't be such a overkill. Or would it?

It would be much better :lol:

Yes, it would definitely be overkill but I also think you're going to get fantastic coverage over the tank. I've been wanting to get the nano box duo for my 20 long but that only has two pucks compared to your three plus the T5. I think with your set up, you should be able to easily grow SPS all over the tank, sandbed and all. Definitely going to have to dim that thing quite a bit though. With that set up, you could also step up to a 40 breeder which would work really well with that light.

Yes, it would definitely be overkill but I also think you're going to get fantastic coverage over the tank. I've been wanting to get the nano box duo for my 20 long but that only has two pucks compared to your three plus the T5. I think with your set up, you should be able to easily grow SPS all over the tank, sandbed and all. Definitely going to have to dim that thing quite a bit though. With that set up, you could also step up to a 40 breeder which would work really well with that light.

Thanks! Well since my next tank will be around for a few years hopefully (if nothing goes wrong) then mine as well have a good light above it. So I emailed Dave over at nano box, told him my situation. Going to sell the ADA tank and get a 20 gal. I still want to stick with a custom fixture. As easy as it is just ordering a good fixture I won't be satisfied in the long run.

Two lamps will be more than fine to grow anything in a 7" tall tank.

Yep, my 12 long(9.5"H) only has two on at a time and I'm growing SPS on my sandbed.

Yep, my 12 long(9.5"H) only has two on at a time and I'm growing SPS on my sandbed.

What kind of fixture is it? Bulbs and reflectors?

Archived