Pod Your Reef

Cheato question

Hig789

I really want to do this on my nano. The problem is that there aren't any baffles in the rear chamber to hold anything in place. The only thing I have that might possibly work is there are shelves that are built under the overflow that where made to hold media baskets, but since I removed the "custom" skimmer and there isn't a way right now to make it flow down and through the shelves.

Would this work if I just made a egg crate sandwich and had the water from the overflow cascade over it? I don't run my water level high enough to cover the back shelf completely though. So it would be partially exposed to the air but would be wet all the time though. Would cheato grow like this? Kinda like a algae scrubber I guess.

Or I could just make a sandwich and just throw it in the chamber. All the water wouldn't pass over it but at least it would be in contact with some of it. I'm know it would be ideal to put some chambers of some sort in the back but I really don't want to do anything permanent and since its acrylic I'd have to weld it in most likely. I just want to keep my options open for the future.

Either way I would add a light to the back to run at night for the cheato to grow.

http://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/Chaeto-egg-crate-sandwich-idea%2E.144659/

Archived