inTank Media Baskets

Easy upgrade for your NUVO or Fusion tank

Marine Depot

I'm really surprised IM went this route. Disposable filter socks for the AIOs? If you could swap out just the sock, maybe, but having to toss the plastic too?

Intank media could easily produce a unit that has replaceable filter socks , and it would fit properly !

Intank media could easily produce a unit that has replaceable filter socks , and it would fit properly !

Absolutely they could as intank is really the best in that market.

Intank I hope you are reading this. This would be an excellent upgrade for the IM fusion tanks. I'll take 1 please !.

HarryPotter

I'm really surprised IM went this route. Disposable filter socks for the AIOs? If you could swap out just the sock, maybe, but having to toss the plastic too?

Are you a fan of filter socks in general? I think they are pretty overpriced compared to disposable poly-filter

Are you a fan of filter socks in general? I think they are pretty overpriced compared to disposable poly-filter

filter socks that can be reused, yes. These i am pretty sure are 100% disposable. Reefbuilders had a thing on them recently and had the same concern - lots of plastic waste.

If these are meant to be washed and reused, awesome.

I brought this up to them on their Facebook page. Their response confused me:

• Jonathan Presseau can the filter socks be replaced or do we need to purchase the mount/sock setup each time? I replace my filter socks in my smaller tank once a week!
    • 10383556_882924785052004_398128163545180
      Innovative Marine The socks and mount come together as one molded piece, so you will need to replace the entire unit when making a swap. However filter socks should be used primarly for polishing your water such as: after a water change or heavy feeding. Then changed to your filter media after the water has cleared.

Intank I hope you are reading this. This would be an excellent upgrade for the IM fusion tanks. I'll take 1 please !.

Why not just use the filter floss holder if you didn't want to use a media basket?

Filter floss is just replaced as needed, and it's basically free. No throwing away plastic every week.

Why not just use the filter floss holder if you didn't want to use a media basket?

Filter floss is just replaced as needed, and it's basically free. No throwing away plastic every week.

Stevie is correct.

Intank already slayed this dragon with the filter floss holder. Cleaning socks is a PITA.

Winner winner chicken dinner
HarryPotter

Yessss! This!

I cut out 20 3.5x3.5 squares of floss for my tank, and replace them every two days. Cheap!

I need some more poly filter though- my dad stole two whole pieces for his tank :(

reefernanoman

Sorry MD, pass, I'll just keep tossing out my very cheap filter floss. My water is crystal clear on both of my tanks this way. Plus, it's virtually impossible to get all the gunk out of these things if you tried to clean it out and you would just be reintroducing junk right back into your water column right?

But I will be a customer forever due to my 15% off for life discount when I replace my RO cartridges and the great CS!

Could we be seeing a FF holder for the Nuvo 20?

I think filter floss is great - but many people wash their filter socks. I don't think this will work for this set up, though, as the plastic probably isn't strong enough to handle a washing machine. Maybe by hand, but for the price and everything, filter floss works great.

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't think I'd use this thing for my tank but... totally put it in today and honestly, it works great, allows for better flow through with my overflow,fit perfect in the first chamber.post-79628-0-65271500-1436236979_thumb.jpgpost-79628-0-83690900-1436236992_thumb.jpg

Archived