Top Shelf Aquatics

AI Prime Buzzing sound normal or not?

JoeyReefFLL

JoeyReefFLL

Hey guys:

I was testing my new AI Prime and there is a very faint buzzing sound coming out of it. is this normal? Also, does the fan turns on when its hot enough or is it on all the time?

As a side note. I like the AI Prime so far but they did a very bad job on documentation, there is virtually any. It took hours to get the tank mount to a position I liked and there is NO info on suggestions for actual lighting presets.

Thanks

Buzzing is "normal" on them. Fan is always on. It took hours to set up the tank mount? I didn't think they could have made it any easier when I set up mine. There are a few lighting presets but lighting varies so much it is hard to suggest a setting.

JoeyReefFLL

Buzzing is "normal" on them. Fan is always on. It took hours to set up the tank mount? I didn't think they could have made it any easier when I set up mine. There are a few lighting presets but lighting varies so much it is hard to suggest a setting.

my fan turn on only when its overheating or at least is not always on.

It took me hours because I had some issues with the way the AI looked when mounted. fixed it though.

The buzzing is normal on the white and cyan when not at 0 or 100%. The fan only runs as needed (a firmware update changed this a few days back, previously it ran 24/7)

JoeyReefFLL

ah thanks ! I did do a firmware update before using it !. anyone knows of any lighting presets out there?

Thanks

Archived