Innovative Marine Aquariums

Algae?

n00biereef

Fairly new tank, 1 month old. Tiny little specs that have sprouts. Trying to figure out what kind of algae it is, or if it's something else? It's taking over ):

Here's the video link

so I actually just did a major tank cleaning and got rid of pretty much 90% perfent of "it" it was green and hairlike when I removed them....and was growing everywhere. If they regrow which I have a feeling they will, I will certainly try to take more pictures/videos that are clear

Nanofreak79

I always get those hair/fan like algae spikes in a newly set up tank, IME it's always gone away on its own once the tank matures, and a CUC helps out to. I wouldn't worry about it personally., suck it out after brushing it off the rock and sucking out the stuff in the sand.

I always get those hair/fan like algae spikes in a newly set up tank, IME it's always gone away on its own once the tank matures, and a CUC helps out to. I wouldn't worry about it personally., suck it out after brushing it off the rock and sucking out the stuff in the sand.

Thank you so much for the reply! Glad to know its not something out of the ordinary :P I just picked up 2 reef hermits so we'll see how that goes! I'll post an update video after they do some work!

Nanofreak79

That's good, a little more diversity in your clean up crew is even better. I'm dealing with the same thing in my 6 gallon right now. It's gotten to be less and,less of the little sprouts, by WC, manual removal and blowing off rock work......changing filter socks often and even phosphate and carbon media. Good luck!

I agree with the diversity, my next investment in a few weeks once I see everything being stable will be a cleaner shrimp (: !

Archived