Top Shelf Aquatics

Condensation in seam?

piano15

Christopher Marks

Yeah, these are pretty common imperfections in glass aquarium silicone seams, small air bubbles trapped inside. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless you notice the area getting larger.

HarryPotter

Yeah, these are pretty common imperfections in glass aquarium silicone seams, small air bubbles trapped inside. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless you notice the area getting larger.

Eek in the 300g brackish tank the "Imperfections" are definitely growing, and starting to bulge out. Really Paranoid during the 150g water changes.....

The pics look like imperfections in the cut end of the glass. Hard to tell. Bubbles are not necessarily bad as long as there is enough space between them and the water. How much space is needed? No idea.

Eek in the 300g brackish tank the "Imperfections" are definitely growing, and starting to bulge out. Really Paranoid during the 150g water changes.....

Uhh, you need to fix that. Growing and bulging? Uhh, yeah, might want to get on fixing that. Repairing it correctly is a major PITA.

I returned the tank and got a new one. I was not taking a chance. Filled the new one and there are no bubbles or hazing

Probably the safest choice, I had a water heater burst on me and the auto turn of was outside during winter and frozen. Luckily I was able to rig salt wAter tubing out a window until help arrived. But atleat 20 -30 gallons of water flooded two rooms. Not fun...

I wonder what caused the heater to burst?

9 times out of 10 it is the tank corroding on the inside. They last 7-10 years. I personally replace them every 5. This last time I upgraded to a tankless heater and will never go back.

Archived