ReefCleaners.org

breeding S.Splendidus,S.Picturatus,H.reidi and some clownfishes cross quest

Derwins

and of course clownfishes ..

i have a few question about the clownfishes crosses ...
i already breed ocellaris ,..
already cross ocellaris and Darwin..so got Mocha clownfishes ..
but now, i'd like to have fun and some pretty fishes ..
so ..
i have a snowflakes pair,a Darwin pair and a oceelaris "classic" pair ..and a few Mocha from last year tests ..

i'd like to know if someone can help me to have picture of what are the results of its crossings ..?
1 darwin X snowflakes (snowonyx)
2 Darwin X mocha
3 mocha X snowflakes (snowonyx)

thank you for reading

hope that someone can help me and sorry for ma English , it's not my native language

wow man! fantastic!

I would love to buy a mandarin from you.

how much for a baby mandarin? how young can they be shipped?

jamescstein

wow man! fantastic!

I would love to buy a mandarin from you.

how much for a baby mandarin? how young can they be shipped?

He's in France. I would bet shipping would be crazy.

Wish I had clown experience to offer you an educated opinion...

But I'd love you insight into the mandarin breeding. I have a pair of blue mandarins that occasionally spawn. I also have ruby reds that spawn weekly. What kind of copepods do you use. Do you do water changes or just put them in a large tank filled with copepods. What kind of phyto do you use? do you supplement with ciliates or anything other than phyto and copepods?

Awesome projects you have.

• 2 weeks later...
JoeDigiorgio

and of course clownfishes ..

i have a few question about the clownfishes crosses ...

i already breed ocellaris ,..

already cross ocellaris and Darwin..so got Mocha clownfishes ..

but now, i'd like to have fun and some pretty fishes ..

so ..

i have a snowflakes pair,a Darwin pair and a oceelaris "classic" pair ..and a few Mocha from last year tests ..

i'd like to know if someone can help me to have picture of what are the results of its crossings ..?

1 darwin X snowflakes (snowonyx)

2 Darwin X mocha

3 mocha X snowflakes (snowonyx)

thank you for reading

hope that someone can help me and sorry for ma English , it's not my native language

Derwins! I haven't seen anything from you recently over at MBI! Hope your projects are going well.

For pairing 1, Darwin x snowflake, you will get a mix of mochas and mocha snowflakes, which we call black ice in America.

For pairing 2, Darwin x mocha, you'll get fish that are 75% Darwin, and look pretty much like Darwin's, except their noses typically stay orange.

For pairing 3, mocha x snowflake, you'll get a lot of fish that are almost as black as Darwin's, as well as snowflakes, that too are that dark. In America we call them blacker ice or phantom clownfish.

Also, just so you know, snow onyx is not a Darwin cross it is a percula x snowflake cross. More specifically, an onyx percula x snowflake cross, but at this time any percula x snowflake cross is described as snow onyx.

Good seeing you on here. Check out the mandarin show off thread over in the fish forums. They'd love to see your work there! I'm working to duplicate your results myself this summer!

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I had clown experience to offer you an educated opinion...

But I'd love you insight into the mandarin breeding. I have a pair of blue mandarins that occasionally spawn. I also have ruby reds that spawn weekly. What kind of copepods do you use. Do you do water changes or just put them in a large tank filled with copepods. What kind of phyto do you use? do you supplement with ciliates or anything other than phyto and copepods?

Awesome projects you have.

thanks ..

so ..

it's a mix of different pods , and a mix of phyto too ..

nanno , dunaliella, rodhomonas and T-iso for phyto .., cilliates, harpat's and calanoids pods,rotiferes ..all mix in the mesocosm .

Derwins! I haven't seen anything from you recently over at MBI! Hope your projects are going well.

For pairing 1, Darwin x snowflake, you will get a mix of mochas and mocha snowflakes, which we call black ice in America.

For pairing 2, Darwin x mocha, you'll get fish that are 75% Darwin, and look pretty much like Darwin's, except their noses typically stay orange.

For pairing 3, mocha x snowflake, you'll get a lot of fish that are almost as black as Darwin's, as well as snowflakes, that too are that dark. In America we call them blacker ice or phantom clownfish.

Also, just so you know, snow onyx is not a Darwin cross it is a percula x snowflake cross. More specifically, an onyx percula x snowflake cross, but at this time any percula x snowflake cross is described as snow onyx.

Good seeing you on here. Check out the mandarin show off thread over in the fish forums. They'd love to see your work there! I'm working to duplicate your results myself this summer!

thanks a lot , and glad to see you too ...

My reports were never validated has cause of problems of size(format) of dates, of measures or differences of metric system...

Thus I remain informed, but I do not post any more on the mib

I am going to reshape the clowns pairs for black ice and mocha snowflakes ...thank you Joe ..

Archived