Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spec iii Reef

jbb

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question came up in another thread as to how everything fit into the rear chamber of this tank. Here are a few pics to show along with measurements and details of setup.

Pump side Chamber Measurements : 3.5"wide x 2" front to back x ~12" tall

JBB, the pump chamber in the Spec V measures 2.25 X 2.50 X 12

Is this float switch still possible to installed? the tubing of the minijet is in there as well

Very nice growth, and that Setosa is awesome

Thanks

I feed small cube of hikari coral gumbo on wednesday , reef roids / reef cleaners FFF soup on saturday. 50% water change sunday with floss change. Dose 2mL C Balance A & B every 4 days through jebao doser.

Seems to be working well so far .

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice tank. Always wanted to get one of those circus gobies. They are definitely one of my favorites. That is what that is right. It's hard to tell from the pics. Very cool fish regardless.

Very nice tank. Always wanted to get one of those circus gobies. They are definitely one of my favorites. That is what that is right. It's hard to tell from the pics. Very cool fish regardless.

Coloring is VERY close to the Circus Goby

Rare Cebuan Callogobius Plumatus (Priolepis nocturna) Black Barred Convict Goby / Circus Goby

p-26166-barred-convict-goby.jpg

Rare Article on these guys

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/04/04/callogobius-####ellus/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you get the new tide over this thing?

Yes , and it is pure sextastic. The new 4 channels of control took these lights to the next level for sure , total game changer for Dave .

Looking at the Hydor Smart Level ATO , anyone use it ? Do you like ? What do you not like ?

Talk people

You need to run it with an aqualifter pump unless the chamber the water pumps into is a large one.

The reason for this is that the sensor on the Hydor has a delay, it takes about 20-30 seconds for it to detect any kind of level change.

The 3 prong sensors on the hydor are very close together, I think it should have been farther apart but anyway - this is the reason you want to use an aqualifter unless the chamber is large - because the water coming in, raises the level quickly so then it starts beeping the over-fill alarm. LEarnt that the hard way.

Over-all it works well. Anytime you put your hand in the tank, the over-fill sensor goes off but it will stop itself when it levels.

It has an on/off switch to re-set the device as needed - it needs to be re-set when the reservoir empty alarm goes off or when the pump has been filling for too long alarm goes off.

For my 5G I had to install a smart ATO because it stops the pump cold very quickly.

The down side is that there is no on/off switch, you have to unplug it to re-set.

Archived