Coral Vue Hydros

FS - Macroalgae Combo -Stunning Portieria (harveyi?) and Blue Scroll!

phobos2deimos

phobos2deimos
Hi guys, have some extra of both my Portieria (harveyi?) AND Blue Scroll (Padina sp.) macros. $20 shipped via USPS Priority. You will receive a 2" branching portion of the Portieria and a 1" portion of the Blue Scroll, all taken from the exact colonies in the pictures. (Camera is at work at the moment, I don't have any WYSIWYG type pics yet)

These both do well in moderate to high light and moderate to high flow.

You'll get the intense blue coloration in the blue scroll under intense lighting with good blues.

As you can see this Portieria is pretty awesome, different than others I've had before, looks a lot like a weird gorgonian.

Both macros are easy to anchor via glue, zip ties, rubberbands, etc., and will attach to live rock within a couple of weeks.

As with other macroalgaes, your tank will need at least some nutrients (nitrate, phosphate) for this to thrive. If you have enough macroalgae, you won't even need a skimmer!

These pictures were taken in my tank under cheap chinese LEDs and are not misrepresentative or oversaturated - from the top down the blue scroll really is that crazy blue, even with the daylights turned on!

Once established, the Portieria grows at a moderate speed and the Blue Scroll grows quite quickly.

If it doesn't survive the shipping (completely translucent, melted, etc.), get me a picture within eight hours of delivery and I'll ship a new batch ASAP. (and I'll pay for shipping).

Please note that the Blue Scroll will look totally brown upon arrival - this is normal. It will color up again as it gets accustomed to your tank and lighting, and your lighting will have a big impact on the intensity of its color.

Extras are always included!

Thanks for looking!

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

phobos2deimos

Any mammilaris?

Yessiree, you were next on my list :) I don't have a pic at the moment, but I can do about a baseball (probably more?) size of mammillaris for $20 shipped USPS Priority. Once I get home I can snap a pic and get a better estimate.

JoeDigiorgio

Yessiree, you were next on my list :) I don't have a pic at the moment, but I can do about a baseball (probably more?) size of mammillaris for $20 shipped USPS Priority. Once I get home I can snap a pic and get a better estimate.

:DDDD!!!

Shoot me a message when you're home, I have Paypal ready to go!

phobos2deimos

Got the package - thanks.

Great, thank you! The blue scroll and that particular Portieria seem to enjoy intense light for great color and growth, looking forward to seeing how they turn out in your fuge!

Awesome looking macro came in the mail today with a bonus as well. Thanks again. Would buy from again in a heartbeat

phobos2deimos

Awesome looking macro came in the mail today with a bonus as well. Thanks again. Would buy from again in a heartbeat

Thanks Ed, and thank you!

phobos2deimos

Still got some left? I'd love some of the blue scroll, portieria and mammillaris!

I'm all out at the moment, but will probably have more in a few weeks!

phobos2deimos

I'm interested in the next batch. Just wondering, is this tang safe, will they eat this up?

Probably not, although it depends on the tangs. Some won't touch it, some will devour it. My experience (through a fellow hobbysist's 300g full of tangs) is that very large tangs will eat *everything*. My small blue tang only nibbled on most stuff without really destroying anything.

I'd put most in the fuge, and some in the tank, just so you have a backup in the fuge in case the tangs decide they like it.

I'm all out at the moment, but will probably have more in a few weeks!

Ok, that's actually even better! I want to have some macro in the 12 long i'm setting up - which isn't set up yet! But I didn't want to miss out.

Probably not, although it depends on the tangs. Some won't touch it, some will devour it. My experience (through a fellow hobbysist's 300g full of tangs) is that very large tangs will eat *everything*. My small blue tang only nibbled on most stuff without really destroying anything.

I'd put most in the fuge, and some in the tank, just so you have a backup in the fuge in case the tangs decide they like it.

Great! Let me know when you have some available

• 1 month later...
phobos2deimos

Got any available yet?! these look awesome.

Not yet, had a few DOAs with this heat and it's been chewing up my available macros. Been focusing on other stuff too (I have about a 1 sq ft mat of Blue Ochtodes that is going to town!) and haven't made room for the Blue Scroll or Portieria.

BTW I like your 65! Very nice.

Archived