Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Acrylic Work, NEW 5.5G Sump Kit, Sexier 3G S-AIO

MrNanoReef

MrNanoReef

Hello everyone!

Here are some of my early acrylic works before Oceanbox Designs™ was founded. Thanks to Nano-Reef.com im getting closer and closer to fulfil my goals and continuing to provide great services and products for the Nano Reef hobby.

6G SOB (stand on back) sump for my Mr Aqua 12 Gallon long Nano Reef. Has been running almost 2 years.

14498712909_b0f6947606_z.jpg

14685065812_3382239799_z.jpg

14695836166_ab50583711_z.jpg

Standard 10 Gallon Sump Kit (tank not included)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/361947-nanopico-reef-sump-custom-acrylic-work/#entry5046966

18898681712_b5ffa9560b_z.jpg

17987469803_9b3420b289_z.jpg

Media Baskets

18622542349_0a6de6262c_z.jpg

Overflow boxes
15551330446_e8d85876a3_z.jpg

15388415519_6f8a0ca7cf_z.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrNanoReef

Very cool idea. Something I am interested in someday when I upgrade my AIO to maybe a rimless 20 long.

Thanks looking forward to that day...

I've a few new projects in mind that I think most of us nano-reefers will love :)

I'll keep this post updated soon...

MrNanoReef

Something I've been working on...this is how you turn a $13-$15 tank into a luxury nano sump.

DIY Custom Sump/Refugium Kit fits 10 gallon standard Petco/Walmart tank.

• 4 chambers design for: skimmer, refugium, media racks, return pump
  • 2 removable media racks can be used for: filter pad, carbon, phosguard, purigen, etc.
  • 8.75" water level (can be made lower)
  • Fits standard 10 gallon 9.75" inside width aquarium
  • Easy to install using 100% pure silicone ($5.27/tube at Home Depot)

17985464644_3b905d550f_z.jpg

18608110625_4b6de3f372_z.jpg

18610263951_57f12feca7_z.jpg

18420437330_54e8d8b52e_z.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

<p>

Something I've been working on...this is how you turn a $13-$15 tank into a luxury nano sump.

DIY Custom Sump/Refugium Kit fits 10 gallon standard Petco/Walmart tank.

• 4 chambers design for: skimmer, refugium, media racks, return pump
  • 2 removable media racks can be used for: filter pad, carbon, phosguard, purigen, etc.
  • 9" water level (can be made lower)
  • Fits standard 10 gallon 10in outside width aquarium
  • Easy to install using 100% pure silicone

17985464644_3b905d550f_z.jpg

18608110625_4b6de3f372_z.jpg

18610263951_57f12feca7_z.jpg

18420437330_54e8d8b52e_z.jpg

I really like this man keep it up

The sump kit is awesome looking. I believe someone used to sell these a while back, but disappeared for whatever reason. This may be a really good market to get yourself into.

HarryPotter

This is a complete copy of the (Patented) InTank Media Basket, made by StevieT (One of our sponsors). Sending him this link :)

18307928369_0c00656f6f_z.jpg

18306411170_130a4e3e12_z.jpg

18306411980_ce23f80a9b_z.jpg

Edit:

I like the rest of your work, the hang on AIO is impressive. However the design for the basket is so obviously copied from StevieT, who I appreciate and admire his hard work.

Your ideas are great, and the workmanship impressive. I do not approve of copying the design of another without permission though,

MrNanoReef

Looks really clean. Awesome work.

Thank you.

This is a complete copy of the (Patented) InTank Media Basket, made by StevieT (One of our sponsors). Sending him this link :)

This was my personal DIY project, there are similar one in the market if you want to get into that. I could design a different one if it's a problem with Steve copyrights :) respectfully. Jumping into someone's business was never my intention.

HarryPotter

This was my personal DIY project, there are similar one in the market if you want to get into that. I could design a different one if it's a problem with Steve copyrights :) respectfully.

Similar?

I have no problem if you made it for yourself- if so thats an awesome job. Im impressed! However to start marketing and /or selling that as your own idea to others is wrong

Main_zpsr5j0vqti.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-08%20at%202.44.0

Main_zpsr5j0vqti.jpg

MrNanoReef

The sump kit is awesome looking. I believe someone used to sell these a while back, but disappeared for whatever reason. This may be a really good market to get yourself into.

Thank you. I just joined nano-reef about 2 years ago so I didn't realize there was something like that. I though this may be helpful for reefers looking into sump setup without spending tons on start up cost

HarryPotter

Thank you. I just joined nano-reef about 2 years ago so I didn't realize there was something like that. I though this may be helpful for reefers looking into sump setup without spending tons on start up cost

I also really like the Sump Kit, sorry that I came across negatively. Its just StevieT made his company from the ground up and I really admire his work. I would hate for an InTank counterfeit to spread around

What is the estimated pricing of a 10g sump kit like that? Is silicone included?

MrNanoReef

Similar?

I have no problem if you made it for yourself- if so thats an awesome job. Im impressed! However to start marketing and /or selling that as your own idea to others is wrong

Well noted...I'm aware of in-tank products, this was only an example to show my acrylic work.

MrNanoReef

I also really like the Sump Kit, sorry that I came across negatively. Its just StevieT made his company from the ground up and I really admire his work. I would hate for an InTank counterfeit to spread around

What is the estimated pricing of a 10g sump kit like that? Is silicone included?

No you're absolutely right, in fact I wouldn't want my designs sold without my permission either so I can totally relate.

For the sump kit, I think a fair price for me is $85 + shipping, silicone and 10g tank not included ($5.27 for silicone at Home Depot, and $13-$15 for 10g tank at Petsmart/Petco/Walmart). It takes more man hours to do what I need to without a CNC/Laser cut machine, and make it look professional...you can imagine the efforts.

HarryPotter

No you're absolutely right, in fact I wouldn't want my designs sold without my permission either so I can totally relate.

For the sump kit, I think a fair price for me is $75 + shipping, silicone and 10g tank not included ($6 for silicone at Home Depot, and $13-$15 for 10g tank at Petsmart/Petco/Walmart). It takes more man hours to do what I need to without a CNC/Laser cut machine, and make it to look as good...you can imagine the efforts.

Have you ever sold a 10g Sump Kit before? I thought I saw a similar one by another reefer here on NR

Edit: It was by ReefGalleria. Is that you?

MrReefer81 likes this

MrNanoReef

Have you ever sold a 10g Sump Kit before? I thought I saw a similar one by another reefer here on NR

Edit: It was by ReefGalleria. Is that you?

Yep that's my eBay name, but im thinking to go with something with "aquatics" in the name...lol

The 10g sump kit is a new project I just finished, never been sold anywhere before.

Btw, I can give you free Chaeto :)

MrNanoReef

That 10g sump kit looks gorgeous!

Thanks man.

I made the first chamber 5in wide, this is to allow the use of skimmer like SC301 which I plan on upgrading next from Aquaticlife Mini 115, but you can space the baffles however you want to suit your needs (skimmer, refugium area, return)

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks man.

I made the first chamber 5in wide, this is to allow the use of skimmer like SC301 which I plan on upgrading next from Aquaticlife Mini 115, but you can space the baffles however you want to suit your needs (skimmer, refugium area, return)

When will you sell these?

When will you sell these?

I'm doing this on order but I have a kit almost ready to ship, send me a PM.

Cencalfishguy56

I would love to support you man but I actually just recently bought a sump!

I'll tell you what, if you can build me an ATO container out of acrylic I'll buy it haha

I would love to support you man but I actually just recently bought a sump!

That's cool, thought you were interested that's all :)

Cencalfishguy56

That's cool, thought you were interested that's all :)

Build me an ATO container? Like on advanced acrylics website not the same but coloring would be similar white and blue haha

Build me an ATO container? Like on advanced acrylics website not the same but coloring would be similar white and blue haha

wish I had some colors one, the orange/green i have is 1/8". Any particular size in mind?

HarryPotter

I would want an ATO container...... Hopefully a cool color! Ill figure out the dimensions in a bit when i get home :)

Do you use "Weld on 4"?

Archived