SaltCritters.com

Custom Acrylic Work, NEW 5.5G Sump Kit, Sexier 3G S-AIO

MrNanoReef

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sump kit is definitely interesting, that's for sure!

Thanks man.

Speaking of which...

I have one sump kit ready to go if anyone is interested?

Just completed a custom media basket for 40 Gallon Breeder AIO, designed from scratch, all sharp edges have been filed including the slots (where I got my cut) and polished edges.

1st rack: Filter pad

2nd rack: Chaeto

3rd rack: Filter medias (purigen, carbon, phosguard, etc.)

I left the half of the 1st rack opened for a custom refugium LED light to be flush mounted (which I'll also custom made for him) for the Chaeto if he decided to use it for that purpose.

After over 20 hours of work, few blisters, and some bleeding...here goes

18622542349_0a6de6262c_z.jpg

18808721905_9225dd9aef_z.jpg

18808721885_833778b637_z.jpg

18621011060_985c11f028_z.jpg

Trying on some filter pad:

18803682842_0896fbc4f7_z.jpg

18782443036_123454df05_z.jpg

HarryPotter

Just completed a custom media basket for 40 Gallon Breeder AIO, designed from scratch.

I left the half of the 1st rack opened for a custom refugium LED light to be flush mounted (which I'll also custom made for him) for the Chaeto if he decided to use it for that purpose.

Really sleek design! Love it :)

Just completed a custom media basket for 40 Gallon Breeder AIO, designed from scratch.

That looks amazing, WAY better than my crappy attempt. Can't wait to see it in person. Nice work man.

That looks amazing, WAY better than my crappy attempt. Can't wait to see it in person. Nice work man.

Thanks bro...plan to ship out Monday unless you want the custom light then i'll need to keep it for 1 more day :) oh and l'll pm the shipping cost.

Really sleek design! Love it :)

Thanks Harry :) it was fun making it.

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks bro...plan to ship out Monday unless you want the custom light then i'll need to keep it for 1 more day :) oh and l'll pm the shipping cost.

Thanks Harry :) it was fun making it.

Real clean work bro!

masterbuilder

Hey...maybe you could make a screen top similar to what Pico Aquariums made. They dont answer emails from numerous members or respond on their thread to our inquiries....so,...guess the market is yours.

Hey...maybe you could make a screen top similar to what Pico Aquariums made. They dont answer emails from numerous members or respond on their thread to our inquiries....so,...guess the market is yours.

sounds interesting but wouldn't acrylic warp to use as a top? just my thought.

Real clean work bro!

Thanks bro :)

Pm'd you with a design sketch.

I'd actually like to see the design sketch for a 5.5 gal sump kit. This would be something I'd be interested in possibly in a month or two.

HarryPotter

I'd actually like to see the design sketch for a 5.5 gal sump kit. This would be something I'd be interested in possibly in a month or two.

Haha you can't have him give away all his secrets! :P

Haha you can't have him give away all his secrets! :P

I don't have the time or inclination to make one myself. But I've always wanted a display sump, the 5.5 would be perfect for my 5g or 3g Picos. :P I think it is an acceptable request for something I might want to purchase.

I don't have the time or inclination to make one myself. But I've always wanted a display sump, the 5.5 would be perfect for my 5g or 3g Picos. :P I think it is an acceptable request for something I might want to purchase.

haha...i don't mind at all, non of my design are patented or do i have the $$ to make that happen so im swimming in opened ocean anyway :)...actually I can't swim...just a metaphor...haha

Here is a simple 3 chambers design, I may be able to add a media racks depending on your skimmer width and return pump width.

I'd suggest Aquaticlife Mini 115 skimmer and Jebao DC-1200 / DC-2000 (small foot print yet powerful), that way you can maximize refugium area and possibly add a media rack.

18690794502_c6135004ab_z.jpg

Thank you. I actually really like the idea of being sent a kit that I can silicone in myself. Gives the option of adjusting the chambers a little if needed. :happy:

awesome, do you have a 5.5g on hand? if you're interested, pm me your exact inside width.

That media basket is amazing. I'm gonna need one of those.

Thanks man, I'd gladly build you one :)

I do not own a 5.5g yet. It'd be a few months before I could afford to buy the kit from you.

Sure thing, as a matter of fact, I might grab one to do a kit since a few people already asked :)

Shipping your baby out today :lol:...j/k...I'm excited to see how it'll work for you.

Check out his tank that this media basket is going into: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/356454-dbks-40b-aio/

You marked my very first order...Thank you!

Keep them coming guys! I'm not working on anything right now...

Nanofreak79

I like the idea of integrating my messiah tower into a basic sump kit for the 10 or 5 gallon with the same color scheme. Send me a pic, I was thinking water enters rack then over side then into the next chamber and into return chamber. So basically instead of first chamber having a sock and fully open, the rack and next to it a place for heater or whatever. Then that half of the first sumo baffle flows into second and on etc.

I like the idea of integrating my messiah tower into a basic sump kit for the 10 or 5 gallon with the same color scheme. Send me a pic, I was thinking water enters rack then over side then into the next chamber and into return chamber. So basically instead of first chamber having a sock and fully open, the rack and next to it a place for heater or whatever. Then that half of the first sumo baffle flows into second and on etc.

I have no clue what is that all about...haha, give me something visual like a pencil sketch (send me a phone pic). It's difficult to do design without actually looking at the sump in person. Is this related to your media basket that we talked about for your red sump or is this something else?

Wow, nice work!! do you have anything that could be used as an in tank overflow box along one side of the Mr. Aqua 12 long? I'm looking to make a peninsula style tank and want to make it into an AIO so I can put a pump, media and such right in the overflow.

Wow, nice work!! do you have anything that could be used as an in tank overflow box along one side of the Mr. Aqua 12 long? I'm looking to make a peninsula style tank and want to make it into an AIO so I can put a pump, media and such right in the overflow.

Thank you very much! Sounds like you want an AIO kit with an integrated media basket if I have the right idea. I can def design something for you. I have the same tank so I can get exact measurement needed for perfect fit. PM me?

Archived