inTank Media Baskets

The Farm....

Alex B

Well...i have officially run out of room in my frag tanks, and I've been given permission to turn my den into my own little coral farm :D

Since its in my house, and I'm beyond picky, its going to be very nice and clean. The first 2 tanks going up will be plumbed into my cadlights tank. This will be the sps system. One tank will be lit by t5's, and the other by 10k halide. All the equipment for this has been purchased and i have been working on it this week. Hopefully i'm done by this weekend. Dying to bring my coral back home!

Ill leave you with some quick equipment pics. Gotta get back to work!

I went with flood trays made for hydroponics. Saves me alot of money over frag tanks, and when taking pictures the black background always looks nice. Should be easy to take care of too.

18240694859_2069e21fcf_h.jpgDSC_0494 by alex barreto, on Flickr

18426870555_66b7146668_h.jpgDSC_0499 by alex barreto, on Flickr

17806222533_5713358236_h.jpgDSC_0485 by alex barreto, on Flickr

18426874525_72e7c1bd4d_h.jpgDSC_0486 by alex barreto, on Flickr

17804227824_ec762956cb_h.jpgDSC_0492 by alex barreto, on Flickr

18240688889_177f1f8bda_h.jpgDSC_0479 by alex barreto, on Flickr

Mods if this isn't OK in the section just let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Looks awesome! Ive never considered a "tray" (Of sorts) for growing out coral- thats really smart. Who needs the sides to be see through in a frag tank?!?! :lol:

Following along for the ride :)

Looks awesome! Ive never considered a "tray" (Of sorts) for growing out coral- thats really smart. Who needs the sides to be see through in a frag tank?!?! :lol:

Following along for the ride :)

Thanks!

​more. more more!

Some sump goodness! Have to figure something out for the wires. Hate the black wires in the white sump.

18242814889_720384450a_h.jpgDSC_0507 by alex barreto, on Flickr

18424808222_37471935ee_h.jpgDSC_0506 by alex barreto, on Flickr

That sump is sick! I made my own sump out of acrylic but it's not that nice lol.

Thanks man! I wish it had a built in ato chamber, but other then that i love it!

Looking good bro!

Thanks broseph

Thats a beautiful sump!

Thank you!

man id love to have him build a nano sump for me

He can build just about anything!

Nice setup! I wish I had a sump like that.

Thanks Ark.

2c03ab492d016fc9252796c3200c1469450916f5

I try!!!

Just finished building the stand. This is my first serious try and woodworking, but i enjoyed it. I'm torn about what finish to put on it. I plan to use frosted acrylic on the sides and front. I'm a equipment junky, so i like showing off the nice sump. :D

I used select pine for the whole stand, so i feel its a shame to hide it by painting it white. On the other hand, white would match my cad stand the best. Decisions... :unsure:

17869493724_ffbfe16d9e_h.jpgDSC_0516 by alex barreto, on Flickr

18304467230_d0b51ae8e2_h.jpgDSC_0518 by alex barreto, on Flickr

HarryPotter

Really pretty stand! Wow!

You even did pocket screws! :o

I vote to NOT paint it white, that would be a total waste of the beautiful grain and work you put into it. Painting it white would make it seem (IMO) like a generic cheap aquarium stand, which it totally is NOT!

Frosted glass on the front panels sounds great, or a light varnish :)

Paint it brah! I'm a woodworker myself, so I appreciate the hesitancy to cover up nice grain, but in my totally unsolicited opinion, natural wood tank stands are very passe. Sleek, slick and modern is where it's at! Put a nice glossy white finish on it. You'll always appreciate the quality of the stand you built, even if you can't see the grain.

White seems to be your thing, so...

Paint it brah! I'm a woodworker myself, so I appreciate the hesitancy to cover up nice grain, but in my totally unsolicited opinion, natural wood tank stands are very passe. Sleek, slick and modern is where it's at! Put a nice glossy white finish on it. You'll always appreciate the quality of the stand you built, even if you can't see the grain.

I went with white! Its already in primer and ready for a light sanding before paint.

Really pretty stand! Wow!

You even did pocket screws! :o

I vote to NOT paint it white, that would be a total waste of the beautiful grain and work you put into it. Painting it white would make it seem (IMO) like a generic cheap aquarium stand, which it totally is NOT!

Frosted glass on the front panels sounds great, or a light varnish :)

Damn. Doing it RIGHT.

Following along, should be a sweet fish room after you have everything together!

Thanks guys! Hopefully ill be done today.

Where did you get your sump at man?

Buddy of mine in tampa. He does it for fun.

Cencalfishguy56

I went with white! Its already in primer and ready for a light sanding before paint.

Thanks guys! Hopefully ill be done today.

Buddy of mine in tampa. He does it for fun.

Well he is F*N good man! He should start up a business!!

Archived