Pod Your Reef

Need a new skimmer

Jonny123

Hello,

I have a protein skimmer that isn't working at the moment. I have a Biocube 29 and I was looking at getting a Tunze skimmer. There seems to be several models, I was about to buy the 9002 but it seems to be discontinued.. Can anyone tell me what the best skimmer would be?

Cencalfishguy56

Hello,

I have a protein skimmer that isn't working at the moment. I have a Biocube 29 and I was looking at getting a Tunze skimmer. There seems to be several models, I was about to buy the 9002 but it seems to be discontinued.. Can anyone tell me what the best skimmer would be?

Tunze 9001 would work

Tune 9001 is really quiet and pulls nice dark skim when it ran in my nano cube 28.

I dunno if it would fit but a cad pls 50 would be awesome too. I run this in my 40.

I can't comment to much on other skimmers as I haven't used them just read about em.

For your tank tunze 9001 would be awesome.

I could never get a nano skimmer to work quite right in my BC29. I feel like they are just too small. Plus it was a pain any time I had to clean it as they fit in there so damn tight. I actually ended up so frustrated with my back compartments in my BC29 that I ended up just ripping that whole back chamber out, drilling the tank and setting up a sump lol.

Out of all the nano skimmers I did try, I feel like the Tunze 9001 was the best of them.

I guess i'm looking for something that can fit in the second chamber of the Biocube 29. Tunze 9001 or 9004? I already have a media basket in there. so i need something that will take up only half of the chamber.

PathOfDeception

The aquatic life mini skimmer 115, I'm not sure if it will fit but it is quite small. Not sure on performance but better than that coralife one that I got rid of after a couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up going with the Tunze 9001...I'm not sure whether it takes time to break in, but I seems to work intermittently.

I ended up going with the Tunze 9001...I'm not sure whether it takes time to break in, but I seems to work intermittently.

Give it a little time, really really good skimmer

Archived