ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

my blasto frags never eat!

For real? All of mine eat. The welso and the merletti! I just squirt some mysis on them and they go to town :).

I don't know what it is with those things but either amphipods eat them or they don't seem to last long. I don't know what the deal is.

I had pretty good luck with the growth on my last Miami Vice. The only problem was some bryopsis type algae started growing on them so I pitched them. I can't remember what happened with the Pink Hippos. That's why I'm willing to spend the money on them again. Another chance :).

I've been well thanks Gena, hope you have been also. Yes, I have definitely been lazy when it comes to the forums lately, everything has just been so busy and by the time i get home from work I typically just have dinner and go to bed. Winter has been very cold this year, particularly last week. We had a power outage at home that lasted for 36 hours, almost killed the tank, it was our coldest recorded July day in 2 years. We even had snow fall on the vineyard which was only the second time that has happened in 21 years. How I wish for some warmer weather, glad summer is being kind to you :).

Your snow sounds refreshing right now! It's definitely over 100 out there today. It's miserable having to go out LOL. And I love heat so that's saying something! I'm glad your tank survived the power outage and chilly weather!!!

Repost......

My new cute little blasto. It loves to eat so I expect it to grow fast!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.48.5

The jungle...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.49.4

The FTS :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.48.0

• Like 5

Wow, everything looks fantastic, Gena. I love how the whole pastel colors idea has really carried through the whole tank. I hadn't realized just how mature the corals have become until I see that cute little blasto frag next to them!

• Like 1

Wow, everything looks fantastic, Gena. I love how the whole pastel colors idea has really carried through the whole tank. I hadn't realized just how mature the corals have become until I see that cute little blasto frag next to them!

Thanks :). Yep...there's been major growth over the last year :).

So we finally made our decision on who will remodel the house!!!! Got the last and final quote. Can't wait to get this started. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is moving the tank :scarry:. I know it will be fine, but just the thought of it is a little daunting. I'm glad it's not my 45 cube!!!!!

• Like 2

I love how the yellow/yellow-green pops in this tank.

Me too. Breaks up the pink nicely :).

Look at our sun today omgomgomg

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-23%20at%204.03.0

Today has been a weird day. We have a brush fire nearby and the ash has been falling all day. Plus it's hot out. Everything looks orange. My eyes are irritated LOL. Just a weird day today.

• Like 2

super muggy and hot in Chicago today. luckily, no fire =P. that sun looks pretty cool but also scary. be safe!

Seems like it's horrible everywhere right now. Finally we have a breeze this afternoon. Not good for the firefighters but it gets the air moving for us downwind of this fire which is a welcome relief.

Yeah, the sun looks pretty epic right now. We've had an eerie orange glow all day today.

• Like 2

Holy cow, that looks really scary! And it can't be good for your lungs and eyes. I hope it clears up soon. Hot humid weather is bad enough without adding natural disasters to it. :(

• Like 1

Wow, that is a cool picture but I agree with others - scary to see smoke and ash that close.

We have been in drought conditions since end of May. Everything is dusty and it has been hot and humid. Crazy that everything is so dry yet humidity has been horrible. You'd love it :lol: (the humidity not the dry ground)

• Like 1

We're supposed to be 90 the next couple days and most of the 10 day is 60% thunderstorms

- not as bad as you guys

Thunderstorms....so jealous! We could use some rain :).

Yesterday was a much better day. We were even able to go to a BBQ and spend many hours outside and not have burning eyes LOL. The winds were blowing a different direction yesterday. Fire is still out of control though :(. Today is pretty clear here as well, thankfully.

• Like 2

Thunderstorms....so jealous! We could use some rain :).

Yesterday was a much better day. We were even able to go to a BBQ and spend many hours outside and not have burning eyes LOL. The winds were blowing a different direction yesterday. Fire is still out of control though :(. Today is pretty clear here as well, thankfully.

We drove up to basically Bakersfield on Saturday. Stopped in Burbank for breakfast it was crazy our car was covered in ash after we were done eating. All of LA looked creepy, weird orange fog seemed to cover the city. That pic you posted summed up our road trip

• Like 1

We drove up to basically Bakersfield on Saturday. Stopped in Burbank for breakfast it was crazy our car was covered in ash after we were done eating. All of LA looked creepy, weird orange fog seemed to cover the city. That pic you posted summed up our road trip

Where'd you go for breakfast? Yeah, Saturday was the apocalypse at times LOL. There's been a slight hint of smoke in the air since but not bad at all :).

I'm getting ready to do something I absolutely hate. PAINT! I'm painting my kitchen. I'm done with the green. It's going a shade of gray. Gray seems to be the new in color and all of the houses I've been in to get ideas for my remodel (open-houses) are all gray and I'm really liking it!!!! So fresh and clean.

Oh...and tank is all good. Did my water change yesterday as usual. Work on the room will start within 3 weeks so I'm mentally preparing myself to move the tank :scarry:. But I don't mind because I really want to get moving on things :happydance:.

• Like 3

I'm getting ready to do something I absolutely hate. PAINT! I'm painting my kitchen. I'm done with the green. It's going a shade of gray. Gray seems to be the new in color and all of the houses I've been in to get ideas for my remodel (open-houses) are all gray and I'm really liking it!!!! So fresh and clean.

Light gray is a great color for any room! What color are your cabinets?

• Like 1

Light gray is a great color for any room! What color are your cabinets?

White :). If it turns out well I'll take a picture and post it here LOL.
  • Like 2

Where'd you go for breakfast? Yeah, Saturday was the apocalypse at times LOL. There's been a slight hint of smoke in the air since but not bad at all :).

we were not feeling to adventurous. The kids were restless and hungry. We stopped at an IHOP that had an hour wait. Moved on to a Denny's that seemed to be in the little Tijuana area of Burbank. It was an odd drive for sure. We had a fire at camp Pendleton so that weird orange haze was all we saw till we got to the top of the grapevine
  • Like 1

White :). If it turns out well I'll take a picture and post it here LOL.

Post it anyway, you know we'll like it no matter what :)

• Like 1

perfect combo! my kitchen is white too and i love looking at it...cleaning it is another story

Your kitchen is amazing! Now that I've painted my walls...I'm seeing that my cabinets need refreshing :wacko:. I did order new curtains too :).

we were not feeling to adventurous. The kids were restless and hungry. We stopped at an IHOP that had an hour wait. Moved on to a Denny's that seemed to be in the little Tijuana area of Burbank. It was an odd drive for sure. We had a fire at camp Pendleton so that weird orange haze was all we saw till we got to the top of the grapevine

Next time google Tallyrand Restaurant. THey have an awesome breakfast!

Post it anyway, you know we'll like it no matter what :)

Pictures are gonna be a while. But everyone loves the new wall color!!!! I need to do some cabinet painting :).

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing it! Can't wait for pics.

Picked up the white paint over the weekend and will start on the cabinets today. Gonna do the ceiling too. Funny how painting the walls has turned into a much bigger endeavor. Prepping is the worst part..the actual painting isn't so bad :).

• Like 1

Picked up the white paint over the weekend and will start on the cabinets today. Gonna do the ceiling too. Funny how painting the walls has turned into a much bigger endeavor. Prepping is the worst part..the actual painting isn't so bad :).

That's so true. I don't mind the actual painting, it's getting everything ready that's a real pain. Good luck!

• Like 1

But at least after you put the inch edging around it's much quicker rolling after that. But yes, each project seems to bring another. Old paint versus new paint or new stain or new floor or drapes, etc. Sometimes it's awful once you get started because while you like it so much better you see such a contrast with one room to another, then.....you HAVE to do it as it looks unbalanced & now you have old verses new.

• Like 2