ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Well crud. I hate having to make this announcement. I found my favorite fish dead today :tears:. I mentioned he was hiding last month and then he was fine. He was hiding again yesterday and then late this morning I found him right outside his favorite rock, in the sand :(. Hopefully he went in his sleep. I have no idea how long wrasses live. I got him October 2012 and he wasn't a baby so who knows how old he was. Best fish I ever had. I don't think I'll replace him either. My feelings about fish and this hobby have changed. I would feel guilty being a part of taking this fabulous fish from his ocean home. I want to just stick with tank-raised animals from now on. I just have to stay true to those feelings. It would be so tempting to walk into my LFS and see another and bring him home. I'm gonna miss my little Pinky...he was such a character. The tank feels so empty without him now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%201.35.0

6-9-15no3_zpsyqflt2jf.png

• Like 6

I am so very sorry. A big hug from me here in the North Georgia Mountains. He was gorgeous and I always enjoyed seeing your stunning photography of him. He lived in one of the prettiest tanks I have ever seen. You take great care of anything you have. We will all miss him with you. You will be in my thoughts.

• Like 1

I am so very sorry. A big hug from me here in the North Georgia Mountains. He was gorgeous and I always enjoyed seeing your stunning photography of him. He lived in one of the prettiest tanks I have ever seen. You take great care of anything you have. We will all miss him with you. You will be in my thoughts.

Thanks M2M :wub:.

Here's a video of the little squirt when I first got him :). He lived first in my 28g tank, then to the cube, and finally to the 20L.

• Like 3

Thanks M2M :wub:.

Here's a video of the little squirt when I first got him :). He lived first in my 28g tank, then to the cube, and finally to the 20L.

Awww..He was just as beautiful then. He looked smaller too but maybe just because he was in a taller tank. And Wow...you did have him with you a long time! Are those your same clowns?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Pinky. It's always hard to lose a pet no matter how big or small.

Thank you...appreciate it!

Awww..He was just as beautiful then. He looked smaller too but maybe just because he was in a taller tank. And Wow...you did have him with you a long time! Are those your same clowns?

He was definitely smaller but not as young looking as the ones Live Aquaria sends out which makes me think he wasn't a baby when I got him. I'm going to guesstimate he was 5 years old. Yep...those are my same clowns I have now. Tank raised from Live Aquaria :).

Oh no so sorry Gena!

Thank you :flower:.

OH NOOOOO Gena :( I'm so so sorry. He was such a cute and funny little guy.

And I'm with you on the captive bred. that's been on my mind a lot lately as well.

• Like 2

Thanks you guys :wub:.

I'm pretty sure I won't be adding any new fish. None of the tank bred fish excite me LOL (besides clowns). And Bangaii's get so big and feisty so that wouldn't work..but I agree they would look nice in the tank. The colors would be perfect.

If/when I get down to just two fish left...I'll think about replacing with something new :).

This tank will be one year in 7 days. Seems so much older to me. I guess it's because it was a transfer. Thinking about doing a birthday video for the tank :).

• Like 5

I love how your leathers are filling it. Can't wait to see mine do that!!!

Check out this video :wub:. This is what I want my tank to look like eventually....just overflowing. It's getting there :). Minus the BTA's of course :).

For the cat owners out there......

do you have a young cat (just over one year old) that likes to get into lots of trouble???? (Nora). Well...I do LOL. I have to redirect her energy with toys. In my quest for attention getting toys I found this great toy on Amazon. In this video Nicky is the one playing but Nora is just off camera very intensely watching the action. It's a pretty cool toy. Seems well made for those really energetic cats out there. They get a lot of use out of it. The batteries went out at the end...they had been playing a while LOL.

• Like 6

what a beautiful video. all those zoas are so nice too. i wonder if they plan to keep all those clowns there forever or it is just a holding tank till they are sold?

sorry about Pinky =(. it's hard to see a fish go after it has been with you for years. some dottybacks are tank raised although they are aggressive...

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I could totally see your tank becoming that. And that does look like a perfect cat toy. I wonder how may hours straight that could entertain a cat?

• Like 2

what a beautiful video. all those zoas are so nice too. i wonder if they plan to keep all those clowns there forever or it is just a holding tank till they are sold?

sorry about Pinky =(. it's hard to see a fish go after it has been with you for years. some dottybacks are tank raised although they are aggressive...

I'm not sure but all of those clowns together looks absolutely amazing. Makes me sort of wish I had a bigger tank to do exactly that tank LOL.

Thanks about Pinky. I really miss the little guy. Like REALLY. My tank is so not the same anymore. He really added so much to it.

I could totally see your tank becoming that. And that does look like a perfect cat toy. I wonder how may hours straight that could entertain a cat?

My cube would have been a better size/shape for that sort of tank. But I'm planning to get more leathers and just pack them in...maybe. It's what I want to do but finding the right leathers is the challenge. I know what I'll be looking for at MACNA anyways. I need a neon green toadstool for sure.

• Like 2
Orangutran

Sorry about Pinky! I remember seeing your videos on youtube, which helped me make the decision to get a PSW myself! Loving mine so far. I am of two minds regarding fish keeping… yes we do take them from the wild, but if given the right environment, they live a long and healthy life in our tanks. I think it was Paul B that mentioned that all fish in the wild get eaten, and never die of old age. So if Pinky died of old age, then you gave him a good pod filled life! :)

• Like 3

Sorry about Pinky! I remember seeing your videos on youtube, which helped me make the decision to get a PSW myself! Loving mine so far. I am of two minds regarding fish keeping… yes we do take them from the wild, but if given the right environment, they live a long and healthy life in our tanks. I think it was Paul B that mentioned that all fish in the wild get eaten, and never die of old age. So if Pinky died of old age, then you gave him a good pod filled life! :)

Thanks :). I have quite a few videos of the little guy on youtube. I'm happy to hear they helped you :). You are right....I think they do fair better in our tanks as long as nothing goes wrong. I hope it was old age for Pinky. It seems that way. Thanks for making me feel better about it. I was planning to stop at my LFS tomorrow so maybe I'll ask him to keep an eye out for another for me.

Sorry about the fish. More and more tank raised fish happening, hopefully this trend continues!

Thanks, Mark!! I'm really hoping that by the time I need to replace my green banded gobies, I can get them tank raised. I know it's been done.

How are your newest babies doing? did you have any more hatchings?

I am waiting on 8 eggs to hatch :happydance:. Should have a pair hatching within the next few weeks! I'll let you know when they do!!!!!

Took a few pics today......

I call this one "Snuggles"

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%205.15.0

Tank just isn't the same lately...

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%205.14.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%205.12.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%205.11.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%205.15.2

• Like 4

Wow. your fiji is growing !!!!!

It is! It's a little curled up on the right side (it's left). But when it spreads out more it's pretty big looking :).

Orangutran

Thanks :). I have quite a few videos of the little guy on youtube. I'm happy to hear they helped you :). You are right....I think they do fair better in our tanks as long as nothing goes wrong. I hope it was old age for Pinky. It seems that way. Thanks for making me feel better about it. I was planning to stop at my LFS tomorrow so maybe I'll ask him to keep an eye out for another for me.

According to this… http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Pseudocheilinops_ataenia it says they live 2-3 years, so Pinky did really well! We should ask teeny how old Fitzgerald is. Good luck at the LFS.

• Like 1