SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

You know not to let them get air ?

Sponge May not leave water so you have to open bag under water so sponge dont get air inside cus then is will slowly desolve/desintegrate this is was told but im not sure but why risk it.

Seems to be a relatively permanent move for my sister. She originally got a job straight out of undergraduate that sent her out here to the bay area for training and then after a few weeks, sent her up to their Portland location. There were a lot of issues with that company though, so after about 6 months in Portland, my sister found a new job with this company in San Diego. She just moved down there in the middle of July. She seems to really love her job there so far! I haven't gotten a chance to go down and visit yet, but hopefully I will soon. My parents are considering selling their house and moving right now, but I think they're just going to move within the state of GA. My dad is a consultant so he has to fly out to wherever the current project is on Mondays and flies home on Thursdays. The majority of their projects are on the east coast, so they don't want to move from the east coast. If they moved to CA, it would add a 3 hour time difference for my dad twice a week flying to work and back home. Also it would mean a lot longer travel time and stuff. Until my dad retires, they're stuck on the east coast. Also, they really love it out here, but with the way house prices here compare to GA, they're thinking they'll buy another nice place in GA.

What does she do?

I'm seriously thinking about going to RAP in October so let me know if you are down for that :).

I got the red sponge ball. it shipped fine, just didn't do well in my tank. started to disintegrate after a week. it's probably because of lack of flow cuz it was at the bottom of the tank in a corner.

The red has been more difficult in my experience. Hopefully mine will do ok fingerscrossed.

Sponge May not leave water so you have to open bag under water so sponge dont get air inside cus then is will slowly desolve/desintegrate this is was told but im not sure but why risk it.

I've heard this too but mine have been exposed to air with no issues. Maybe some sponges are more delicate than others :).

New page.....

Going to put one of the yellow sponges in this corner under the finger leather to brighten up the area.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%2012.11.

The other yellow sponge will go in this corner behind the clownfish to brighten up that corner :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%2012.09.

The orange sponge I'm planning to stick in front of candy cane island. There's already an orange sponge growing there :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%2012.10.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%2012.08.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%2012.10.

And finally.......

who needs a guard dog when kitties are on patrol???? :lol:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%208.51.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%208.52.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%208.52.1

Also.....did a water test today. Alkalinity 7.9 dKH, Calcium 425. Alk is lower than I'd like but in range. Numbers are looking good with just water changes :happy:.

• Like 10

I think those placements of your new sponges will look wonderful. Tank as beautiful as ever. Just gets better and better! You take some great pictures. The fish are always so clear. Mine move so fast my cell phone cant caputure a clear one of them. Kitties look content enjoying the fresh air. They are getting so big!

• Like 1

I think those placements of your new sponges will look wonderful. Tank as beautiful as ever. Just gets better and better! You take some great pictures. The fish are always so clear. Mine move so fast my cell phone cant caputure a clear one of them. Kitties look content enjoying the fresh air. They are getting so big!

Thank you! I was just looking at old photos of the tank...old being less than 2 months ago LOL. And there is a noticeable growth change omgomgomg. Can't wait to see it at it's one year mark! Everything is growing GREAT! Only loss has been those pink hippos...they were so pretty too :(. But I plan to replace them :).

I took that photo of them a couple of days ago. Walked up to the house and saw them waiting for me LOL. It was just tooooo cute.

• Like 2

Beautiful new photos! Seems like you have a good plan for where to place the sponges. I agree that the tree sponge would have been too big for this tank. Glad to see your parameters are all staying in line with just water changes. That's awesome! So low maintenance :)

Guard kitties :lol: I bet they'd keep burglars away because they're just too cute and the burglar would feel bad and move on :lol:

My sister has a degree in industrial design. This new job is designing outdoor and athletic wear. She's actually in China right now because they have a location there that does a bunch of the textile development and manufacturing.

• Like 1

I remember reading on KPA website that this is not the case for their sponge...

• Like 1

Great pictures, Gena! I have yet to get even one decent picture of Fitzgerald, my pink spotted wrasse, and you seem to post another great one every week :wub:

Can't wait to see the new sponges. I checked out your pictures on KPA and now I want to buy more gobies :D

• Like 1

Post a few start up pictures! Would love to see some!

Ok :)

Here is June 7, 2015

6-7-15FTS_zpsnjoe1gvj.png

and August 3, 2015 (2 months later)

8-3-15no1_zpsbvhcxofq.png

Great pictures, Gena! I have yet to get even one decent picture of Fitzgerald, my pink spotted wrasse, and you seem to post another great one every week :wub:

Can't wait to see the new sponges. I checked out your pictures on KPA and now I want to buy more gobies :D

Thanks T!!!! You should get some gobies :). I just realized the red ball sponge is my photo too when I was going through my photobucket I found it LOL.

Ah, you can tell Nora is getting all grown up. She has that, "i'm a tortie and I will cut you if I want to" look on her face.

LOL...this is so true :). She is a fearless warrior princess!
  • Like 7

Wow, It is really filling in fast! The trumpets always looked so fluffy and are even bigger and fluffier in the recent photo! Amazing! Thanks for sharing the before and now shots. In the very middle, on top, is that a green singulara? It has sure gotten bigger. Softies have really grown and the fox coral really brightens up the front and looks so nice.

• Like 1

I just placed another KPA order from some sponges! I blame you for this! I have one red ball sponge and one yellow frilly sponge that always get a lot of comments because the primary colors really pop. You ordering inspired me to get a few more to try to smush into my scape somewhere :lol: I ordered another yellow frilly, another red ball, a red tree, and a yellow ball (all nano size with reduced rate shipping :) ). Really can't beat KPA on sponges and gorgs :)

• Like 3

Wow, It is really filling in fast! The trumpets always looked so fluffy and are even bigger and fluffier in the recent photo! Amazing! Thanks for sharing the before and now shots. In the very middle, on top, is that a green singulara? It has sure gotten bigger. Softies have really grown and the fox coral really brightens up the front and looks so nice.

Thank you :flower:. Yep...that's a sinularia. I got that frag in a trade when I sold off my 45g tank inhabitants. It's growing but not super fast. Well, I guess for 2 months the growth isn't too bad :).

You just have the gift with trumpets. I tell you.

Awww..thanks :). I hope they continue to do well. You never know sometimes.

I just placed another KPA order from some sponges! I blame you for this! I have one red ball sponge and one yellow frilly sponge that always get a lot of comments because the primary colors really pop. You ordering inspired me to get a few more to try to smush into my scape somewhere :lol: I ordered another yellow frilly, another red ball, a red tree, and a yellow ball (all nano size with reduced rate shipping :) ). Really can't beat KPA on sponges and gorgs :)

Awesome :happydance:

Weather is supposed to cool down here next week too...thank goodness. I need good weather for my sponge delivery lol. Really looking forward to getting that order. I hope I don't regret not adding in a gorgonian or two!

We are going out for sushi tonight :happydance:. It's been a few weeks...I need my sushi. Is it not politically correct to talk about eating sushi, on a fish forum????? :lol:

• Like 3

Sushi is my favorite food :)

Are your sponges coming 2-day priority?

Me too! It's 100 degrees again today and something light and fresh just sounds so good! And then later I think we'll walk to starbucks, from the house, for an iced cafe latte. It's about a mile away maybe a bit more. I love walking on warm nights like we've been having..it's my favorite.

Yep...2-day priority. We'll probably get our shipments on the same day :).

• Like 2

Can't wait to see your sponges! Your tank is filling in so nicely and it has only been a couple months!!!! I love your guard kitties. Mine love to sit in the windows and watch the birds or squirrels.

The softies really took off. Actually the LPS have too :). I can't imagine what it will look like at the one year mark!!!!

Every morning I open the windows for them. But also for the tank LOL. Opening the windows makes a nice impact on the pH levels of the tank :). This week has been brutally hot though so I only get a few hours in the morning with the open windows. Next week should be better :).

Ok guys...headed out for sushi :happydance:. Enjoy your evenings :D.

• Like 3

I guess that makes you both "sponge worthy" ha ha ha (Seinfeld).

LOL...that's EXACTLY what I think of when I talk about sponges here :lol:.

Looks beautiful Gena :).

Thank you Jase :).

Looking forward to watching Fear TWD tonight :happydance:. This week is a sponge-worthy week LOL. Haven't gotten anything new for the tank recently so this should be fun to get the sponges this week :).

• Like 3

Guess who is hand-dosing her tank???? LOL

I tested the water on Sunday and my alk was at 6.5 dKH :scarry:. Probably why I lost those pink hippos! Anyways...no big deal to drop some 2-part in everyday. Takes me 5 min tops (wait time between doses). I do it when I feed the fish :).

• Like 3